Im pretty impressed for what it is.

Warranty replaced the fuel pump. Internal short to ground they said. Warranty paid around $1k.

Will post the work order when I get a chance. Friend of mine drove the truck home and said the truck actually had better response than prior so makes me wonder if that pump was weak and just looking for a reason to crater.

Good thing for warranty!

That is great news to hear, I am curious though how it shorted internally.. So I have been thinking about these pumps & made a few calls. Air Dog said they were in no way going to make a pump for these trucks as they require 75psi of fuel pressure and over the long haul that is not realistic for longevity, their words not mine. Then of course FASS says no problem and has a pump for these trucks & in the market place. Fuel Lab told me not an issue either but just not on their radar for the moment. So nothing definitive for sure.. but I thought I would share my less that scientific results. Since I bought the truck I have been thinking about a aftermarket pump and I will probably pick up the FASS. While driving I have not seen below 74psi from my EZ Lynk

That is great news to hear, I am curious though how it shorted internally.. So I have been thinking about these pumps & made a few calls. Air Dog said they were in no way going to make a pump for these trucks as they require 75psi of fuel pressure and over the long haul that is not realistic for longevity, their words not mine. Then of course FASS says no problem and has a pump for these trucks & in the market place. Fuel Lab told me not an issue either but just not on their radar for the moment. So nothing definitive for sure.. but I thought I would share my less that scientific results. Since I bought the truck I have been thinking about a aftermarket pump and I will probably pick up the FASS. While driving I have not seen below 74psi from my EZ Lynk

I wouldn’t trust a FASS.
For that much pressure you’ll need an Aeromotive, Walbro, FuelLab, or something similar that can actually hold up to that much pressure.

"I wouldn’t trust a FASS.
For that much pressure you’ll need an Aeromotive, Walbro, FuelLab, or something similar that can actually hold up to that much pressure"

Thanks for the input Bracker8040. My older Cummins have only Air Dog and I have no experience w/ FASS. I have heard a few things here & there about FASS reliability or lack there of.. I have not contacted Aeromotive, but like I said Fuel Lab was very confident in regards to their capability. I will do some digging around and phone calls this coming week. I will let everyone know what I come up with... maybe start another thread since this truck is soo popular on Comp D !! :hehe:

Last edited:
"I wouldn’t trust a FASS.
For that much pressure you’ll need an Aeromotive, Walbro, FuelLab, or something similar that can actually hold up to that much pressure"

Thanks for the input Bracker8040. My older Cummins have only Air Dog and I have no experience w/ FASS. I have heard a few things here & there about FASS reliability or lack there of.. I have not contacted Aeromotive, but like I said Fuel Lab was very confident in regards to their capability. I will do some digging around and phone calls this coming week. I will let everyone know what I come up with... maybe start another thread since this truck is soo popular on Comp D !! :hehe:

So since my last post in this thread I picked up the truck with 15,913 miles and spent the week going back and forth between Houston and San Antonio since they had baseball sized hail. Made a stupid amount of money on a real storm chase and got 30 new roof deals out of it.

IMG-29871.jpg

20190414-152356.jpg

In the mix of all of this I officially fell in love with this trucks road trip manners. Smooth, quiet cab, comfortable seats, and from last Saturday to this past Thursday is clocked 2,300 miles since I'm now at 18,200 miles.

I have nothing but positive things to say, but will likely wait til 36k miles to delete it being the lift pump issue happend.

If people weren't so caught up in the big 3 brands they'd have their minds blown out how awesome these trucks are built. The frames alone make a Chevy look cute, a Ford look clunky, and the ram look archaic.

Many people don't realize this truck uses many of the same interior finishes, design, and electronics the Fords use also.

The engine has been recruited by MAC trucks for their new medium duty work trucks, and that should allow for greater exposure.

Last edited:
MAC would be making a mistake in that regards.

Are these 5.0L cp4 equipped? They were originally slated to have a cp3

Oops. Sorry for the misinformation!:banghead:
Technically, what you said is right lol

This is why a lot of guys are using these as a lift pump in performance setups. OEM reliability and adequate pressure/flow.

That being said-they don't produce enough volume to support dual fuelers. However I have seen a pair of them hooked up in parallel :evil:

Medium Duty

Ever been inside one?

Chains for everything, it's like a Ford without the cam phasers

No sir, what did you see? I am not arguing with you but genuinely curious about why you think so? I do recognize the engine design is a radical departure from more traditional Cummins engine architecture & materials, but not far in design & materials from successful European designs like Mercedes etc.

No sir, what did you see? I am not arguing with you but genuinely curious about why you think so? I do recognize the engine design is a radical departure from more traditional Cummins engine architecture & materials, but not far in design & materials from successful European designs like Mercedes etc.

There's not much WRONG with it per say, just not what I'd call MD. Even when I worked at Cummins they called it a LDD, maybe they'll update some things.

Ever talked to anyone who owns a MD Freightliner with the Merc?

Well I can say this, at least they were smart enough to NOT put the chains in the rear like Ford has

Back