Im pretty impressed for what it is.

Not to shabby....and doesn't even get a temp spike.

Screenshot-20190815-212210-Auto-Agent.jpg

Speed limiters definitely gone. 116 at 3k rpm and had alot of rpm left. Let out of it not knowing what egts were. Only 200 at the coolant doing 116 is pretty solid for a hard push, compared to the 220 plus seen doing 85-90.

Screenshot-20190816-080706-Auto-Agent.jpg

Got back, pulled out the temp gun and measured the same spot on the pan that registered 213 at idle previous. Now it measures 193 after a hard'ish push.

Thermostat has done what I wanted it to do.

Those temperatures look much better to me.

I noticed that oil pressure at hot idle is 15psi. What is it at hot high idle?

I’ve been reading this thread and am thinking about what y’all have said about bearing issues on this motor. 15 psi at idle and 10w30 oil sounds like a recipe for trouble. I think you guys running 5w40 are on the right track, and with temps like that thing has I would say synthetic is a must, and extended drain intervals would be a terrible idea.
I’m curious to hear what hot high idle oil pressure is because I’m much more familiar with a Powerstroke and am use to seeing 30-35 psi at hot idle, and 65-75 psi at hot high idle.

Well found put my 5 way switch had been set to the 30hp added tune the whole time and that's why it was so clean.

The tune settings are backwards so Tune 1 is the 140hp setting and 5 is 30hp. The truck pulls great on the 140hp setting and it's a night and day difference. Not crazy smoke, just a nice haze trail.

The transmissions torque management definitely defuels it during certain times, and the best power is either off idle send, or cruising and the hammering it down forcing a gear drop and it will break the rears loose.

My buddy got the EZ Lynk tune from Starlite. He loves it. The truck ran a 15.90 after the tune.

Yup. Its really too bad these trucks are history

Did they cut them cause they werent selling or what? If they were priced a little cheaper they'd sell alot bette I'd imagine. I know alot of people who wanted one when they first came out then saw the price point. Might as well get a 2500

Last edited:
Did they cut them cause they werent selling or what? If they were priced a little cheaper they'd sell alot bette I'd imagine. I know alot of people who wanted one when they first came out then saw the price point. Might as well get a 2500

They didn't market it is the first problem. Personally I think the Cummins option was too expensive for the to carry for their target consumer.

They have such a niche product, but it's a really amazing truck. Some can be found for $15k-20k off which just ahows how they want them off the lot. Also Nissan is looking to increase its retail sales during the next fiscal year amd cut back incentives. That and start streamlining their plants.

Odd twist of fate late tonight.

So I love the Nissan, but it was too hard to pass up on this left over 2018 Charger Hellcat. Stickered for $76k and paid $61k brand new..... and it's really hard to beat a 707hp car with Warranty. The Nissan served its purposed and after deleting proved to just not be enough for my liking.

20190826-211632.jpg

20190826-211607.jpg

20190826-211640.jpg

Odd twist of fate late tonight.

So I love the Nissan, but it was too hard to pass up on this left over 2018 Charger Hellcat. Stickered for $76k and paid $61k brand new..... and it's really hard to beat a 707hp car with Warranty. The Nissan served its purposed and after deleting proved to just not be enough for my liking.

20190826-211632.jpg

20190826-211607.jpg

20190826-211640.jpg
So where's the burnout videos?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So where's the burnout videos?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lol.... I appreciate rubber actually on the tire. There's an engine break in phase on these so as soon as I figure that all out it'll be play time.

I'm disappointed there was no burnout on the showroom floor haha. Congrats man those are some awesome cars

Hell, I thought the Nissan was a company-owned vehicle... is this one also? Or do they just let you get whatever and give a vehicle allowance?

Hell, I thought the Nissan was a company-owned vehicle... is this one also? Or do they just let you get whatever and give a vehicle allowance?

No. It was given to me as a sales bonus basically. My names on title and all.

Back