hrvp finally dead pedaled

did it again..quit going about 20 mph...122 code....ecm wont start it. finally got the code cleared with a smarty and it started right up. for awhile it wouldn't even connect..now its in limp mode..the saga continues tomorrow..at least I got it home..we were 30 mi out when it quit

40b2c77d-f3ec-41af-ba80-d65e5968c1e5Bosh%20P%20pump700x700.jpg

fixed it...tape wont fix the limp mode fella.
used my live scanner and with the map sensor plugged in at idle it shows 28.4 lbs. with it unplugged it showed 38.5. so the sensor is schidt..again....sensor wre voltage is at 2.5 so its all good....

whats messed up is both time the exact thing happened and the truck was hardly making any boost..working real hard but light throttled so maybe 20 psi not 45 48 like when im maxed out..which is ver y rarely anymore

new map sensor was warrantied..but ya know I have a live scanner...both of em read that it has 28lbs of boost at idle...

any thoughts on that

haha...that's what happened with the wrong harness the past time....I didn't check it prior to the incident..but I suppose it could be wrong still..

sooooooo this heap of smoking dung did it again...so heres the story

pulled into day care loaded with feed..grossing almost 25k so the truck is working pretty hard in traffic in town. leave the truck idling outside cuz its 85 degrees and was only gonna be 10 mins. come back out put it in gear pull out and go maybe 500 ft just starting to ake speed. bout 15 psi boost and 1200 egts and the pile just shuts off...roll into the turn lane and it wont run. cranks but wont start....the fuel pump doesn't do its prime bump so I know its the same thing as last time. so I do the key deal and get a 122 code..low voltage to apps..wtf..that's new....I have both the smarty and the scanner this time tho so I figure ill just put the scanner on and reset the code and off we go. but it wont connect. after 15 tries it finally does and it says no codes..key says 122 still. so I try the smarty..wont connect at all. been an hr now on the side of the road at 6pm. so wtf now..disc the batts. walk to a gas station to get gage a snack and drink cuz were usually home by now...I give the batts 25 min unhooked with the hood up...hook em back up gage turns the key on and the fule press guage bumps so hes yelling were good. turn the key starts right up and off we go. drove all the way home no issues. no limp mode..no scanner codes..didn't check the key tho..tonight

so something is getting heat soaked when It idles outside the daycare picking him up...does anyone think the ecm is doing it because it wont connect once this happens? sits with the hood up for 2 hrs and cools off and then runs fine? but hauling down the road at 55-60 its good...doesn't shut off. i went 10 mi to get to where it quit..then 30 more to get home..no issues after it cooled and restarted.

is there anything else that could control the intial bump of the fuel pump. I knew soon as I tried to restart it and that didn't happen itswasnt gonna run
there is no tune from the smarty in it..stock...and the fuel pump will run and make 20 psi when I jump it hot..and it has always been fine pressure wise.
if the vp was doing it the fp would still cycle with the key right?..but it doesn't so the ecm controls that...
things is ya cant troubleshoot anything because once I get it home and its ran for 40 mins to get there its fine again..like it never happened

Lift pump is only controlled by the ecm on a vp truck. The apps code will not shut the truck off but a shorted 5v reference will. I wonder if the driver in the ecm is taking a dump.

I did feel it when I was just jiggling wires..didn't feel real hot for something bolted to the side of and engine...

yes my fp is triggered off the ecm to a relay same as the stock setup...when it does this the ecm doesn't trigger that intial startup bump..soon as it does I know im good to go again and down the road I go

if I get a used ecm does it need to be reflashed also..i forget now..but I remember flagships was over 1200$ for a new one reflashed..if they have it in stock

this just guessing at it is bs..f'n electronic crap..i know it is one of them dang circuit boards in something now

Might have an '01 or '00 to send to Bob Wagner to reflash, which is all I can offer.

Pine needles just wouldn't do for me, in that event, a sock would have to be sacrificed. :D

Mark.

Back