hrvp finally dead pedaled

ok so he calls and said its done..no codes runs great.

apparently the map sensor adaptor harness isn't the same for all the map sensors. the one that I already had on the truck did not match the new map sensor I installed after the initial problem. first I thought the sensor was bad and replaced it twice. then read how to check it so I knew it worked.
the one that is in the truck is a new map sensor using the old harness. the 02 trucks have to use a 01 sensor since they don't make the 02 sensor anymore. apparently if you buy a sensor ya better buy the fcuking adaptor harness also since they aren't a standard and any sensor specific to it combination to get you into the truck harness depending on the sensor youre using.
after all this schidt I went thru on this....he started again with a new sensor and a new harness and it solved the low voltage issue. since the wires went where they are supposed to when you have the correct sensor adaptor harness specific to that peticular sensor.
he did a lot of wire chasing he said but kept coming back to the sensor so he changed it knowing it was brand new. he got the harness with his tho..which the napa one doesn't come with...

a 17$ part...thet harness that caused all this was 17 dollars....I don't know if I should cry happy tears or sad tears

I hope its really fixed..i almost cant believe it at this point

attachment.php

Good deal, Gary.

well I cant see the pic but man the frustration ..comes down to that wiring adaptor is beyond belief...

ecm..inj pump..wiring..edge..smarty..relays...gorunds..batt cables...

good one scott..funny schidt...

Jacob..yea right..i mean the dam adaptor for the map sensor is specific to the sensor..how would ya even know that?

when I pick it up ill ask him just how he got to that but I think it was just lucky he decided to make sure it wasn't that..cuz I changed it twice..i knew the sensor itself was good....

ppump it now just for fun? idk bout that..rick will get mad at me

GENTLEMAN I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT PUT FORTH INTO THIS WRECK. DAM CRAPPY ROAD. GLAD TO BE AT THE END OF IT.I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP FELLAS. ANY OF YALL EVER GET TO MYAKKA CITY FL OR THE DESOTO DRAGSTRIP LEMME KNOW I GOT A STEAK AND A BEER FOR YA

I COPIED IT SO...

NOT TO BE A BE A BIG ***** BUT SINCE ALL THAT WITH MY WIFE AND YOU GUYS ALWAYS SEEM TO HELP ME WHEN I NEED IT...IVE LEARNED TO APPRECIATE PEOPLE MORE WHEN THEY HELP. NEVER USED TO LET PEOPLE HELP...BUT I AM GETTING OLD AND SOGGY

ID JUST LIKE TO TELL ALL YALL THANK YOU AND IF I CAN EVER HELP ANY OF YALL OUT....:clap::Cheer::thankyou2::thankyou2:

Last edited:
good one scott..funny schidt...

Jacob..yea right..i mean the dam adaptor for the map sensor is specific to the sensor..how would ya even know that?

when I pick it up ill ask him just how he got to that but I think it was just lucky he decided to make sure it wasn't that..cuz I changed it twice..i knew the sensor itself was good....

ppump it now just for fun? idk bout that..rick will get mad at me

One of us on here should have at least picked up on it. :bang

Oh well, glad it's working for you now!

Glad to hear you finally got it figured out. I chased a wiring issue on my 06 for 6 months and over 4k in parts before I found out it was a $15 connector that was bad. Trust me Gary, I feel you pain.

yea ya know the bad part was that I repl that sensor twice ..both from napa tho...and it never came with a a harness adaptor.

when large stores like that... or autozone or orilleys or wherever buy a million sensors and a million adaptors how do ya know that youre getting the one that goes to the right sensor? that's a really messed up system right there with no standard.

NAPA used to be my go to parts store. Anymore their parts are sub par at best. Try getting front end parts from a NAPA. The worst part of that is getting the correct part.

Back