hrvp finally dead pedaled

So, this VE swap. Are you saying the lines from a 24V VP engine will bolt up to a VE pump adapted to fit the VP gear housing?

The best trucks I have ever owned have had a P-7100 on board.
I leave 'em stock, slow, but they go and tow. :cool:

Mark.

So, this VE swap. Are you saying the lines from a 24V VP engine will bolt up to a VE pump adapted to fit the VP gear housing?
It uses the VE timing case, ergo you'd need to get the sensor kit, like on a P-7100 conversion.

As far as the lines adapting, go with a company called "Timesert", and get some that are for 10mm X 1.5, which adapts the 12mm VP line to the 10mm VE line holder/DV.

A non-intercooled VE pump has longer DV holders and actually will work with less injection line tweaking.

Mark.

i still wanna fix it...I got some more to do this weekend..just so tired of working on it....some of you guys need to follow the thread...I already changed the ecm and that's not the issue.

I really don't wanna pump it..i mean I kinda do cuz it would be cool to have a badass tow rig but I really liked the truck like it was....

never found anything I couldn't tow and it was fast enough after I detuned it to boil the tires and make me grin...

so unless I cant get it in the next week or so ill haul it to a guy here and let him look at it...maybe if he throws in the towel well get back to the pump job

It uses the VE timing case, ergo you'd need to get the sensor kit, like on a P-7100 conversion.

As far as the lines adapting, go with a company called "Timesert", and get some that are for 10mm X 1.5, which adapts the 12mm VP line to the 10mm VE line holder/DV.

A non-intercooled VE pump has longer DV holders and actually will work with less injection line tweaking.

Mark.

Bingo.

For the record, not all trucks need the sensor kit. 01-02 trucks do tho, tone ring in the cam gear and what not.

No cps in my 99. Timing pin fills the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It doesn't fix all of the electrical issues.

This exactly. VE, P-Pump, or common rail aside, truck won't run unless the root problem is solved.

Wish I was closer to you Gary. I'm no electrical expert, but would sure like to dig into this myself.

When I get around to getting another VP truck, this will be the route I take when the VP craps out. I've played with the idea, and it actually comes out cheaper than replacing the VP, provided you're good at sourcing parts.

Holy crap... I'm a world where we complain about Rpms from a vp, we are talking about going to a VE?! Holy bat**** captain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I fail to see the merit in ppumping the truck. Send it to a shop and spend that money on getting it fixed correctly.

Holy crap... I'm a world where we complain about Rpms from a vp, we are talking about going to a VE?! Holy bat**** captain!

I never saw what all the fuss was about with high RPM fueling limitations out of a VP44... the guys usually complaining the most were running injectors and turbos that make peak power at like 2700rpm...

I think it's pretty clear they guy isn't looking for a high spinning hot rod, but is sick of the electrical issues...

I'm just pointing out a road less traveled that would suit his application very well.

There was threads about it running hot and such while towing awhile back. He went down in injector size I believe.

I did rick. Weston hooked me up and since I did that the truck ran great til this bullcrap. still was fast enough and towed on cruise ...didn't hafta drive by the egts I was a happy camper for about a month....

it is a tow pig..altho not a stock truck I kinda call it ..upgraded...from stock...ran a 13.90 at one time...no idea now...the hrvp was a good combo with my current injectors...just need to get this map sensor voltage bs licked

last weekend or I haul it to a shop...probly jon coblentz in Sarasota. he seems pretty knowledgeable and hes close enough to drag it there with my gasser.

I just don't have the time to do it....I think that's why this job is so frustrating to me..well that and I don't do electrical very well at all

.his bill wont be as bad as 4 grand for a ppump job

It's probably just a grounding issue.

There is a shop just down the road here that rebuilds starters and alternators, along with vehicle wiring diagnostics and repair. They are kind of a unique company, but I think the main guy who works on the vehicles has been there for decades. They have a one car bay shop and the rest is used for rebuilding electrical accessories.

He's helped me a few times with my electrical troubles.

Back