hrvp finally dead pedaled

jesse?

yeah man I appreciate it...I hate to take it to anyone....my truck is not a jewel but it is mostly not hacked up. id like it to stay that way...why no one else ever works on it....

idk..I really don't wanna give up and I might try the 1488 chasedown ya sent me yet...

im so f'n tired

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but did you try unplugging the alternator?

i did..but the code is there soon as you turn on the key and it wont clear ...by unhooking the batts or the scanner to erase them. without even starting the truck
whats worst is I have over 4.5 volts and that's all the spc calls for. I have 4.8 or 4.9 but not 5. 4.5 is the spec.

guys have almost got me talked into ppumping it..i really don't wanna but I might...hate to drop all that cash...looks pricey.....
buy a kit? what pump?
im not going to do it..probly a well known gentleman from here that's local...

I think you'll regret that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Of you're going to change it, I vote common rail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think you'll regret that.

For what he needs that truck to do I think that's the best option. His trucks are for hailing and use on the farm. Not weekend look pretty drive to the dairy queen truck.

A 400hp 12v drives awesome, smoke free when set up right, great mileage, tows great.

For what he needs that truck to do I think that's the best option. His trucks are for hailing and use on the farm. Not weekend look pretty drive to the dairy queen truck.

Which is why I'm stating ppump is a bad idea in my opinion but... that's just me.

Every one I know that's bought a vp truck has had to replace the pump not long after, along with having to go to an upgraded lift pump and all that to go with it. Don't forget your little warning light

A 180 pump would do whatever you want and make you hate a vp.

Josh loves ppumping 24vs.....

Which is why I'm stating ppump is a bad idea in my opinion but... that's just me.

Why? That pump won't leave ya stranded and pissed and hating the truck. It may break a input shaft or tear a hub or 2 out of a clutch. Unplug every sensor on the truck zip tie the fuel lever up and drive home still.

Why? That pump won't leave ya stranded and pissed and hating the truck. It may break a input shaft or tear a hub or 2 out of a clutch. Unplug every sensor on the truck zip tie the fuel lever up and drive home still.

For what he does, I'd prefer a vp. I think ppumps belong on toys and that's it.

It's not cheap. But it's not terribly expensive either.

Way I figure is, between the money spent on ECMs, time lost with the truck being down, Various other parts, etc etc... you're probably not far off from what a budget swap would have cost.

There are pros and cons to both. I'd never push someone towards a swap, but I'd gladly talk their ear off if they were genuinely interested in it.

Fwiw, I definitely don't regret doing mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im still on the fence....

josh was the first guy I ever saw do it and I was floored ...yrs ago...

ive had the truck since 03 and haven't had any trouble out of the vp....til now..i doint mind changing the pump even....tows good for me. does everything I need it to do....the hrp on there is awesome and it performs well enough.

but I hate electronic **** and always have....ive argued with jfaulkner about the very thing
I despise the fact that the avg person cannot fix his own **** anymore....hate it

hate to spend 4k on it but it would be kinda like getting a different truck and dam sure better than a payment.

I haven't given up on fixing it. I got some help from blue chip today even...but im considering it now.

its def a work truck...tho I keep it very nice.

p pumps aren't even unique anymore...

so gimme the downfalls...bre ya hate em..gimme the scoop...

Of you're going to change it, I vote common rail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Eh... 10k+ worth of work in a $5,000 truck? Fun? Yes. Cool? Absolutely? Power? Fuq yes.

Wise investment for the application? Not so much. We can't all be Rick Fox lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btw my trans is good..all suncoast billet and a gorend converter...no issues there

Back