Truckers, lets see your rigs!

It's not a 1693. The accessory drive in a 1693 is on the back side of the engine under the firewall. Plus 1693s are huge, it'd completely fill that engine bay.

Maybe a 3176?
The weird location of the injection pump and the turbo threw me off lol. I haven't looked at a great deal of 1693's

The weird location of the injection pump and the turbo threw me off lol. I haven't looked at a great deal of 1693's

I thought it was a 1693 at first when I looked at it. But the timing case location and the size gave it away. 1693s are just massive!

I thought it was a 1693 at first when I looked at it. But the timing case location and the size gave it away. 1693s are just massive!
Yeah I bought one with the intention of rebuilding it and sticking it in my 359, they are enormous engines haha

I spy a 1693 :D

It's not a 1693. The accessory drive in a 1693 is on the back side of the engine under the firewall. Plus 1693s are huge, it'd completely fill that engine bay.

Maybe a 3176?

Where are those rick? Swear I've seen them before.

It's a 3306...
Short blocked motor. Hence the shifter location and the flat firewall in a cat powered standard hood truck.

Also a glass hood.

Shows to be a sleeper truck by the back panel, however the tank if original to that truck shows it to be a factory daycab.

They are outside of Granby.

Badge on the dash shows 9 speed but shifter is a 13.

It's a 3306...
Short blocked motor. Hence the shifter location and the flat firewall in a cat powered standard hood truck.

Also a glass hood.

Shows to be a sleeper truck by the back panel, however the tank if original to that truck shows it to be a factory daycab.

They are outside of Granby.

Badge on the dash shows 9 speed but shifter is a 13.
Fukk! 3306! Why didn't I think of that!

That's what my next thought was. Wasn't sure how long ago the 3176s came around but I know the they're goofy arrangements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88. first electro and metric cat made. first CAD engine according to my trainers.

you guys had me worried on that jwAc 3306. first one ive seen not under a ford cab like an elephants ass.

I don't know why it didn't dawn on me, I've only worked on half a dozen of them in the 14/140 series cat graders.....maybe it's just that I'm not used to seeing them in a truck application

88. first electro and metric cat made. first CAD engine according to my trainers.

you guys had me worried on that jwAc 3306. first one ive seen not under a ford cab like an elephants ass.

Baby engines, not much over the actual displacement of a 3208, have a book from 74 that shows the 3306, has identical specs to a 1673C so it is hard to tell how long it has actually been around.

Easy way for me to remember the 3176 is that it is just the precursor to the C10.

Last edited:
Baby engines, not much over the actual displacement of a 3208, have a book from 74 that shows the 3306, has identical specs to a 1673C so it is hard to tell how long it has actually been around.

Easy way for me to remember the 3176 is that it is just the precursor to the C10.
The casting on the injection pumps is a ballpark on age but I haven't seen enough of the old ones.

Still not sure how to take your post entirely?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

No. You are completely correct. I couldn't figure out if your post was agreeing or contradicting mine.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I was agreeing, just so odd that an engine that has been around that long isn't really common to see very many of them, seems I remember a few tractors offering them, were they more common in industrial apps?

South America buys the chit out of them. We shipped container loads every 6 months or so out when we were yanking them out of old concrete trucks. They are awful engines by modern standards in terms of power. Great engines for owners with a fleet. They are like an L10. Just enough power to get where you are going and weak enough not to break a dam thing.

Back