Young gun's 94 build thread

My W9 has the external air cleaners and even as I type this with the radio cranked and the windows up I can hear them screaming

I got an 04 W9 with external cleaners, and a 550hp Acert, they are hella loud! Hahaha

Change of plans, hx35 over a 475 with a 83-74 turbine and a 1.10 t4 housing. Decided to go back to school to get my bachelors degree and I won't be doing my big twins build like I had planned. :(

Mock up.

pysy8upu.jpg

sy5ujehu.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't mind sharing a few pics of the bracket for the big'n down low, that'd be cool.
Also, is that the finished length for the cold pipe? Seems like a long run, is there a reason to this?

Change of plans, hx35 over a 475 with a 83-74 turbine and a 1.10 t4 housing. Decided to go back to school to get my bachelors degree and I won't be doing my big twins build like I had planned. :(

Mock up.

pysy8upu.jpg

sy5ujehu.jpg

Do you plan on cutting that 180* pipe down shorter?

If you don't mind sharing a few pics of the bracket for the big'n down low, that'd be cool.
Also, is that the finished length for the cold pipe? Seems like a long run, is there a reason to this?

The twins were originally built with a hx50 in that spot, no supports, and the hotpipe is very short, tucks that 475 in there TIGHT. The compressor cover almos hits the center of the exaughst manifold.

No I just put it there to take some measurements for when I cut it down. It would look pretty funny with that big ol piece of pipe in there. lol

Think the charge pipe should be shorter? There is not a whole lot of room for the air intake piping. Not sure how I'm going to manage to cram even 4" piping in there if I use a 5"-4" reducer

typadegu.jpg

5e2e4ygy.jpg

Last edited:
Shortened the cold pipe a little. Still a little stumped on the intake piping, probably going to try reducing it to 4" and hammering the pipe flat to get it through.

Next time I'm going to fab my twins from scratch. Modifying a set to work sucks. The hot pipe being super short has created a few problems.

resa9asy.jpg

3" and it's a 4" radius.

All that's left is the down pipe and it will be rolling for about a day. Then I get to dig into my transmission for more upgrades :)

Painted The compressor covers. Learning that my cool little paint job is a lot harder to duplicate with more prep work. Wtf.

hy5e7ebu.jpg

I don't think the shootout will be anything cool anyway. NADM isn't the best promoter and having a dyno/drag racing on a Friday isn't going to have the best turnout. Specially beings most "normal" people work Fridays. And our biggest local sled pull series also has a pull this weekend.

Back