Young gun's 94 build thread

Mine runs bout 250-260. But 300 is a little much. Surprised the bellview spring didn't collapse. I put a billet spring and bell view retainer in mine to compensate for higher line pressure but never got the courage to run more than the 250-260.

I'll catch some crap for this but we went out and did some testing with the tv lever just flapping in the wind and I pegged my 400psi gauge. Yep, that's too much. Truck got parked pretty quick after that.

Painted The compressor covers. Learning that my cool little paint job is a lot harder to duplicate with more prep work. Wtf.

hy5e7ebu.jpg

That looks awesome ..... how was that done ...

Mine runs bout 250-260. But 300 is a little much. Surprised the bellview spring didn't collapse. I put a billet spring and bell view retainer in mine to compensate for higher line pressure but never got the courage to run more than the 250-260.

What HP you running. Is there a need to run the line pressure up that high ? haven't actually checked mine since build - think it was like 130

Back when the builder wanted to get into transmissions he had some parts made to do some testing and try different stuff out. Not really a necessity.

Ordered a new valve body separator plate, since I raised the line pressure the 1-2 shift has been super hard no matter what TV position, I'm going to go a little more moderate on drilling out the 1-2 holes, 2-3 is almost perfect.(IIRC both are .120") Trying to save my stock output shaft!

Also, I sold the 5x.022's and bought some 155* 5x.012 VCO injectors. Those should be fun and clean with my small compounds. Truck should be all over the low 12's.

The 5x.012's are in and my truck has officially been neutered. Oh well, it runs clean!

Going to soften up the shifts a lot to save the shafts, Instead of racing and show off I'm going to pull it back to short and comfortable. Second gear just slams way too hard for anything to last very long.

Rescanofpage50001.jpg

9-1-13058.jpg

thanks for the teck info .... will be using your drill guide on mine ... 1-2 is noce .. 2-3 is sloppy ... 3-4 is rediculas ... lock up needs to happen a lot sooner....LOL....... maybe I should just buy a new trans and stop being such a penny pincher...... oh wait .... no pennys to pinch....

Adjusted the waste gate last night and was able to peg my 60psi gauge. I'm going to guess around 70-75psi since the needle was pointed straight down. Still has quite a bit of power for how small the injectors are. I need to pull the #12 plate back out to really see what it has.

Anyone have a 100psi autometer cobalt gauge?

Also, has anyone tried running a 480 -87 1.10 t4 in a twin set like this? It'd be nice to upgrade and not have to rebuild the piping yet. Eventually it's going to get changed for a 60-64mm s300.

Lol I thought this was going to be a college budget build?

It is and isn't, depends on if I can score a used 480. Then turn around and sell my 475 to offset the cost.

I tend to not stick to budgets sometimes... Lol I should just be content with a twin turbo daily driver at 20 years old, but what fun is that??? None I tell you. None.... :D

what kinda fuel pressure are you running ? airdog ? torx tech overflow valve?

how soon r u thinking about selling your 475 ? what's you price $$ ? ... and what are the specs on it also ?

So I found ALMOST the exact primary I want, 480 83 1.10 t4

My 475 is now for sale LOL

haven't had much time to play with my truck, still has the 12 plate in it. I dug up some 5x.014 injectors to throw in, Im also looking for a 96/88 turbine wheel for my s400 along with a 1.10 t6 housing. I'm craving some more top end!

Any suggestions on black one piece headlights? Ive been a little weary of the ebay ones but I dont want to spend a lot either.

Back