Porting the new Hamilton 12v head.

I apologize to DieselWrencher I know I said slow diesel corvette, but I meant as a whole our sport is slow and in it's infancy, look at these light trucks and cars with the power they are making, then you look at the suspension and the vehicles in general and see why they run the times that they do. Alot of the cars running could be so much faster, but people stick with what works and what their buddy car does.

Maybe I read it wrong, but it did hit a nerve. LOL It isn't the fastest and yes it pisses a guy off. But I assure you I didn't put a 47rh in my ride because that is what my buddy did in his car. If there was a buddy with a car like mine some where, I bet I wouldn't have to figure out all the issues I've been having. Our sport is slow growing, not really super slow. Look at the weight in this sport compared to gas drag racing. How many 1/2-3/4ton gas pick ups are out there running 10's and can be driven on the street too? Any ways back to heads.............. I heard from one of my "Buddies" that a super bad head porter will be at TS this weekend and I plan on talking with him about heads in general.

Yea that's my bad, I should have explained it a little more.

Maybe I read it wrong, but it did hit a nerve. LOL It isn't the fastest and yes it pisses a guy off. But I assure you I didn't put a 47rh in my ride because that is what my buddy did in his car. If there was a buddy with a car like mine some where, I bet I wouldn't have to figure out all the issues I've been having. Our sport is slow growing, not really super slow. Look at the weight in this sport compared to gas drag racing. How many 1/2-3/4ton gas pick ups are out there running 10's and can be driven on the street too? Any ways back to heads.............. I heard from one of my "Buddies" that a super bad head porter will be at TS this weekend and I plan on talking with him about heads in general.

Last edited:

Keep on plugging along.

I think you have a cool project regardless of whether you are breaking records.

Technically speaking every hit the car makes is a record.... Find me a faster Diesel Corvette on the planet. And its 99% funded by him.

Dieselwrencher

this is for dieselwrencher, what is ur best time on that corvette anyway? and did i see before that ur 60' was 1.16?(thought i may have seen that somewhere) just curious, cause our combo's r similar, and i would like to get an idea what these cummins do in cars.

thanx

I cant believe no one has mention Mercedes-Benz's brilliant Inline-5 diesels yet.. Like the OM617 family.

Volvo makes a nice inline-5 gasser, drive an '02 S60 for a few years. Solid motor for a gasser. I would LOVE to swap a diesel into that car!! Maybe someday.

Volvo also makes all manner of diesel engines for there machines, trucks, and for marine (Volvo Penta) use. Great diesels, well at least the pre-emission engines were. What post-emissions diesel engine doesnt have problems from the factory though:doh:.

i am thinkin he means he was a cylinder down. u lost one of the cylinders? if so which one and how? if not... oops on me..:(

this is for dieselwrencher, what is ur best time on that corvette anyway? and did i see before that ur 60' was 1.16?(thought i may have seen that somewhere) just curious, cause our combo's r similar, and i would like to get an idea what these cummins do in cars.

thanx

Nick was right. 11.43@125mph. Cylinder #5 was dead and we found out it had an issue at the last race which was world finals. So we ran it anyway. We thought it was an injector, but it was a bad piston. Honestly I can't remember what the best 60' has been. I swear every time we go to the track we get 2 steps forward and 3 back. That should be changing this year. LOL:bang

Back