who else has a 2020 ram 2500

I have mine done at the dealer, they informed me that unless I document and save the actual receipt and had a way of proving the intervals, I could have an issue with any warranty claims. So I bite the bullet and have them do it all.

Isn’t the whole point of brand new sht that you take it to the dealer and never have to pop the hood yourself?

Bunch of lazy bastards.

Gary, I've ran Valvoline Premium Blue 10W-40 in my 1999 Dodge, 2001 Dodge, and now my 2009 Dodge. Combined for almost 1/2 million miles. Never had an oil issue.

I order a case of filters from Snedge every few years and grab the oil at NAPA or Advance or whoever has it on sale.

As for the reference to the above about proving you did the oil change and what oil was used, I personally just send off an oil analysis with every oil change, it documents how many miles were on oil, what oil was used, and if there is any abnormal things going on in the engine that the oil change jockeys at the dealer would never find.

As for the reference to the above about proving you did the oil change and what oil was used, I personally just send off an oil analysis with every oil change, it documents how many miles were on oil, what oil was used, and if there is any abnormal things going on in the engine that the oil change jockeys at the dealer would never find.

I don't go to that much trouble, I just can't put my trust in anyone but me that it will actually get changed and that it's done right. I have trust issues. And my daddy didn't raise a man that can't change his own oil. That's almost man card schidt. :D

I have mine done at the dealer, they informed me that unless I document and save the actual receipt and had a way of proving the intervals, I could have an issue with any warranty claims. So I bite the bullet and have them do it all.

In the marine business in FL it's a law that warranty claims can't be denied due to the customer doing his own service and maintenance.

There was a big deal made about it after a lawsuit against a large dealership, they were telling the customers the extended warranties would only be honored with service records.

A lot of times check the price on the dealers. We have an 18 odyssey and a 19 accord. I pay $32 for the odyssey, and $28 for the accord. IMHO it isn't worth my time/money to do it myself. I do all of my other vehicles, but these two just make sense to do it at the dealer for the price they are charging.

Wix 57620 Oil filter
WF10255NP Fuel filter

I thought it had a spin on water separator too as well but I didn't see it listed with Wix maybe its not available from them yet.

I don't have a way to get my truck to the dealer so they can phuck up and oil change and 2 fuel filters....id rather not spend 300$ either....give sme a chance to learn about and actually look at the truck...only time itsa going in to the dealer is if something exp happens or needs to be warrantied....those morns f up a tire change..ive seen it...I don't want anyne working on my junk...

I prefer delvac...and cummins filters if I can get em but ill use mopar or wix/fleetguard...

Wix 57620 Oil filter
WF10255NP Fuel filter

I thought it had a spin on water separator too as well but I didn't see it listed with Wix maybe its not available from them yet.

I did one the other day, they still have the water separator, it's a canister style now. We had to order from the dealer.

I don't have a way to get my truck to the dealer so they can phuck up and oil change and 2 fuel filters....id rather not spend 300$ either....give sme a chance to learn about and actually look at the truck...only time itsa going in to the dealer is if something exp happens or needs to be warrantied....those morns f up a tire change..ive seen it...I don't want anyne working on my junk...

I prefer delvac...and cummins filters if I can get em but ill use mopar or wix/fleetguard...

Nice. I was kind of being a smart azz with my previous response. I will never again take anything to a dealer.

I did one the other day, they still have the water separator, it's a canister style now. We had to order from the dealer.

yea that ***** is pricey too.....mines comin up on 3500..gonna try to do the first one round there and then 5k after that. Might be a bit much. But works for me so far...least it don't need synthetic oil...

Yeah I planned on doing mine at 2000, and then 5000 after that as well. 15k between oil changes is insane to me and I cant wrap my head around it.

Back