New truck project

Why not an electric rack out of a new model vehicle (thinking out loud)

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

It’s just what we know works honestly. Not a lot of trial and error. They are over built. I got it setup though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One would think your higher curb weight would offset the "advantage" of extra traction. I'd think most would look at it and say, that thing is 1k+ lbs heavier, no problem. Hasn't that historically been the price to pay for conceived advantages in motorsports, a weight penalty?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

One would think your higher curb weight would offset the "advantage" of extra traction. I'd think most would look at it and say, that thing is 1k+ lbs heavier, no problem. Hasn't that historically been the price to pay for conceived advantages in motorsports, a weight penalty?

That is typically the solution yes. They just don’t like when I drive around them in a diesel truck. It’s different and because it’s different they don’t like it. Say all you wish about the advantage. If the tune up isn’t right you can kick the tires the same way. I have done it

Why I put it in quotation marks! Those 4x4 can do some funky stuff trying to launch. I thought that was also a reason the fastest classes are mostly 2wd stuff now.

Why I put it in quotation marks! Those 4x4 can do some funky stuff trying to launch. I thought that was also a reason the fastest classes are mostly 2wd stuff now.

Forsure why they are faster. I would like to build a door car to mess with them

See a 2wd cut a 1.24 on a ghetto track.

If anyone is interested in the engine from this it’s forsale. Upgrading this winter

2cea50d59b4b9f3cd7d95511e47ae9b6.jpg

Went small tire gas racing weekend before last. I fat fingered the tube up and didn’t allow the second kit to come on. That is 8mph down from my fastest pass. With a much better ET. Trucks is going to get lighter and possibly a 9 in the rear of it. I have never had so much fun with a truck in my life. This thing flats works and goes rounds

Season is over for me with the truck.
Looking to make some changes for 2022.
Hang new steel bedsides for the no prep stuff. Has ugly old sides on it now that look good from 20 feet.
Find a way to loose another 150-250 pounds of possible. Would really like to get the 47/48 record deeper into the 4s.

But this year was a success. With a single exergy 14mm I ran 5.11 at 140 ish and backed it up several times in one night. The truck has more in it, just havnt been able to get a chance to turn it up more.

Also taking sponsors for 9 inch help hahaha I am not ready to give up on 4wd just yet.

68d5c9d27fe79ba39d491176b72ec338.jpg

Back