Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I don’t think there is an issue with Fitzgerald and dealers. But if you have a Fitzgerald built engine you will need a good dealer.

Good to know. We'll probably do another glider once this one is paid for, and was probably going to just call Fitzgerald....Not super impressed with Cincinnati Peterbilt doing this one, but it was their first.

Chris

Spotted somewhere in Virginia. 750 HP
dcd8d52bb31846698af5e55c2c4a064a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That’s Leiffi’s company. They’re taking over the world. You can make 750hp by accident.

I don’t think there is an issue with Fitzgerald and dealers. But if you have a Fitzgerald built engine you will need a good dealer.

That’s about what I figured.
The guy just runs end dumps for steel shred and hopper bottoms, so doesn’t have a lot of experience with anything but local runs and service out on the road.
As long as there’s not a catastrophic failure, he “plans on limping back home for most work. The driver should be able to tell what’s going on”. LOL

So far it’s been decent besides the AC and burnt up clutch.

Is there any advantage to running a bigger injector and milder fuel settings on a 3406b? I'm buying injectors anyway but I'm not sure which I want to go with a turbo yet so I don't know how much fuel it'll want yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My dad runs a 3406C, 3ZJ. At one time he had 25% over nozzles extrude hone and turned down the pump. He had some fuel leaking issues and replaced the nozzles with factory nozzles and turned the fuel back up. He thought there was less smoke and heat with the tuned pump and factory nozzles.

He has since rebuilt the motor with a 7FB pump on the C block, factory B nozzles and a Borg Warner 78 mm direct Cat replacement turbo and absolutely loves it. Says it is the best it has ever run with the most power and very little smoke, only when he shifts.

Quite perfect for working engine for wide operating range. EBP is 0.5 bar higher than boost at max power. ECM tuning was not made for this turbo so it might get better. Works from 800 rpm up to 2100 rpm, optimal range 1000-1800 rpm. Max power about 1100 hp. No smoke and EGT stays in control.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180223-231932.jpg
    Screenshot_20180223-231932.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
My dad runs a 3406C, 3ZJ. At one time he had 25% over nozzles extrude hone and turned down the pump. He had some fuel leaking issues and replaced the nozzles with factory nozzles and turned the fuel back up. He thought there was less smoke and heat with the tuned pump and factory nozzles.

He has since rebuilt the motor with a 7FB pump on the C block, factory B nozzles and a Borg Warner 78 mm direct Cat replacement turbo and absolutely loves it. Says it is the best it has ever run with the most power and very little smoke, only when he shifts.
Which turbo is that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quite perfect for working engine for wide operating range. EBP is 0.5 bar higher than boost at max power. ECM tuning was not made for this turbo so it might get better. Works from 800 rpm up to 2100 rpm, optimal range 1000-1800 rpm. Max power about 1100 hp. No smoke and EGT stays in control.

I totally believe it because you posted a random pic of a couple gauges.

Here’s mine, I removed the turbos and now it responds from 1-10,000 rpm and makes almost 4,000 euro HP. Swapped ecm’s with a Volvo and now it’s amazing.
a3542b19a936baead059cb7ff16b58dc.jpg

No wonder, those pumps are so weak that oversize nozzles only drop injection pressure which causes bad atomizationn.

78mm turbo is way too big.

Good to know. We'll probably do another glider once this one is paid for, and was probably going to just call Fitzgerald....Not super impressed with Cincinnati Peterbilt doing this one, but it was their first.

Chris

They’re not that hard to do once you’ve done a few.

Factory dyno so no BS dynoday inertia horsepower.

Showing your ignorance again. When factory dyno setups throw 75% load on the engine/truck then you can talk about comparing, instead they are gradually brought up in old so engine has time to react.

You forget one glaringly simple fact, every truck ran that day is ran the same exact way, no operator involvement bull chit.

No wonder, those pumps are so weak that oversize nozzles only drop injection pressure which causes bad atomizationn.

78mm turbo is way too big.

An yet it will run perfectly fine contrary to what you think, you ingnore data that I can’t even access anymore about CFM being used on these engines from the factory and lbs/min calculations that show these engines are not being fed too much air, in fact they use every bit of it.

Maybe you should actually invest your own money instead of spewing **** that you think you learned because you have seen one of these engines in the last 10 years so you know everything.

An yet it will run perfectly fine contrary to what you think, you ingnore data that I can’t even access anymore about CFM being used on these engines from the factory and lbs/min calculations that show these engines are not being fed too much air, in fact they use every bit of it.

Maybe you should actually invest your own money instead of spewing **** that you think you learned because you have seen one of these engines in the last 10 years so you know everything.

I seriously think he has a mental disorder. You realize he has never backed up anything he’s ever claimed with any hard facts? Remember the bad arse L10 he bragged about that no one has ever seen? Now we have a 1100hp single charger something with no details other than its amazing.

Let’s see some engine pics and maybe a video of it actually doing what he’s claiming. Maybe a dyno sheet???

How is the tuning not for that turbo? Doesn't make sense to me?

Back