Lookin for dependable 6.0

Yea, but I don't like laying on my topside creeper every damn weekend when the truck is under 500hp. LOL

man, I'm tellin' ya, if I could build my dream truck, it'd be a dang ol' Ford sewper dewty with a Cummings motor and a dang ol' Allison transmission... best of both BOTH worlds, man... dang

LOL

This wins the internet. This is exactly what I was thinking to myself the more I read the OPs posts. The 6.0 is not for me by any means. Never has been and nobody will convince me it is. It is some peoples cup of tea so I let them make that decision for themselves. However, to say "only real trucks have manuals" is as ignorant as it gets or so I thought. Then to say the Allison is the best auto took the cake.

But guyz they put that Allison in tanks and concrete trucks!

I work on 6.0's every day (I maintain 6-8 trucks) and they are not as bad to work on If you have the right tools and the knowledge (I also do everything with the cab on, no lift!) With that said.... I would NEVER own a 6.0 and expect it to be reliable, especially in a farming situation where the sucker is loaded down 80% of the time.

Furthermore, I live in the mountains and I cannot count the number of times I've seen a dead 6.0 on the side of the road with the hood up and coolant on the ground. These trucks just are not reliable period, sure the interior is awesome but I'd rather have my bubble gum wrapper body and wobbled out ball joints with a proven motor that is 1/10 the cost to fix. That's my .02

man, I'm tellin' ya, if I could build my dream truck, it'd be a dang ol' Ford sewper dewty with a Cummings motor and a dang ol' Allison transmission... best of both BOTH worlds, man... dang

:hehe:

Thanks for the laugh, Boomhauer couldn't have said it better himself.

Last edited:
Back