afc full travel help

Revemup15

I did all the mods to the afc and wasnt getting full travel. I had to take a dremel and grind on the housing because the washer was still coming in contact with the housing, even after i put a flat washer in... so after i ground enough off to get full travel, i set afc pretty tight. I took my air compressor and wouldnt get full travel even at 100 psi, i only get full travel when starwheel is almost all the way out... i dont like a smokey truck... what am i doing wrong... thanks in advance

Where is everyone getting the stiffer afc spring?

Gov springs, I usually keep the stock ones when I put in 3K's ect. Depending on the setup I always tried to go for 30 psi full travel with a big single and say 50 with big twins.......small junk like I run now 35-40!

Jim

We had to put a ve afc spring in mine, to get full travel. With the star wheel as loose as we could get it, it took a lot of pressure to get to to compress even half way. Put the VE afc spring in, and got full travel, then set the pressure with the regulator.

I had the same problem with mine. I couldn't get my truck to run right and it was dynoing really low for what was done to it. I ended up figuring out the afc wasn't traveling all the way. I took the rear cover off the afc, removed the diaphragm and on the shaft that sticks out under the flat washer I added a small washer that just fit around the shaft. Just doing that I picked up 140hp on the Dyno

I had the same problem with mine. I couldn't get my truck to run right and it was dynoing really low for what was done to it. I ended up figuring out the afc wasn't traveling all the way. I took the rear cover off the afc, removed the diaphragm and on the shaft that sticks out under the flat washer I added a small washer that just fit around the shaft. Just doing that I picked up 140hp on the Dyno

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look at mine as well.

what gov spring is everyone using from a p-pump? I put a 180 spring and it seems too stiff. the 215 one is even taller. might try a 190 I have as its a little bit shorter than the 180 one. trying to control a set of 5x14's.

Back