afc full travel help

Revemup15

I did all the mods to the afc and wasnt getting full travel. I had to take a dremel and grind on the housing because the washer was still coming in contact with the housing, even after i put a flat washer in... so after i ground enough off to get full travel, i set afc pretty tight. I took my air compressor and wouldnt get full travel even at 100 psi, i only get full travel when starwheel is almost all the way out... i dont like a smokey truck... what am i doing wrong... thanks in advance

Where is everyone getting the stiffer afc spring?

Gov springs, I usually keep the stock ones when I put in 3K's ect. Depending on the setup I always tried to go for 30 psi full travel with a big single and say 50 with big twins.......small junk like I run now 35-40!

Jim

We had to put a ve afc spring in mine, to get full travel. With the star wheel as loose as we could get it, it took a lot of pressure to get to to compress even half way. Put the VE afc spring in, and got full travel, then set the pressure with the regulator.

I had the same problem with mine. I couldn't get my truck to run right and it was dynoing really low for what was done to it. I ended up figuring out the afc wasn't traveling all the way. I took the rear cover off the afc, removed the diaphragm and on the shaft that sticks out under the flat washer I added a small washer that just fit around the shaft. Just doing that I picked up 140hp on the Dyno

I had the same problem with mine. I couldn't get my truck to run right and it was dynoing really low for what was done to it. I ended up figuring out the afc wasn't traveling all the way. I took the rear cover off the afc, removed the diaphragm and on the shaft that sticks out under the flat washer I added a small washer that just fit around the shaft. Just doing that I picked up 140hp on the Dyno

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look at mine as well.

what were your mods and numbers before you added the washer and 140hp?

what gov spring is everyone using from a p-pump? I put a 180 spring and it seems too stiff. the 215 one is even taller. might try a 190 I have as its a little bit shorter than the 180 one. trying to control a set of 5x14's.

A stretched 215 spring. It's 36mm tall. I'm using it with 5x14s and 7mm 100 cc dvs with my 63. Runs clean.

Back