Super Stock Diesel 2012

Maybe lower the entry fee to try and get more trucks?
Maybe add a pro street class or something?

Make it another outlaw race.

I had a blast at this race Gary! I'd love to see it keep going. Glad I can say I was there for the first one.

I think the 500 per truck is good for just this race cause it gives everyone a reason to pack up and head south for a chance at the big money...Now for like TS, SDX and others, no, cause that can get expensive quickly, if you got a good truck you can make alot of money, but it will get cut throat really quickly always running for that type of money...

Just like last week was Speedweeks here in Florida, everyone pays big money to win races, most normal races don't but most normal races don't have people coming from 49 states and most of Canada either...

I raced the gambler race. But I am deff considering entering the race next year. It was a great time and great group of guys. I think the competition was good but it all.came down to tuning IMHO. It was great marco was there to tune for the cr guys and I know rob was helping out the dmax guys. I'm ready for next years event

bobby

Well I guess it has been decided the Danco will be allowed at SDX and TSX so it will have to be allowed for this one too. we can't change the rules every race

Whatever changes may or maynot be made need to keep this class for the little guys. Not saying this in a bad way at all but this is what will draw the trucks off the street and into racing because they feel they have a chance.

I think you could drop the payout and entry fee by 1/2 to $250 entry fee and $25,000 total payout for 100 trucks you could get a lot more trucks to show. The idea of the limit to an off the shelf turbo would probably help as well. You could limit it to a claimer type deal on the turbo with a limit so that at the end of the race the turbo could be claimed by a competitor for like $2000

i had that same idea. anyone can buy anyones turbo for like 1700 bucks at the end of the race. people could still run what they want but if someone else wants to buy it they can.

Well I guess it has been decided the Danco will be allowed at SDX and TSX so it will have to be allowed for this one too. we can't change the rules every race

Not So Sam!

The rule about the tranny will not change for the Feb. 2012 Jeff/Gary race....

Not sure why others have changed it for their race but it will not be in this one...

More than likely, the weight will be up'd to 6500 and everything else stays the same...

I hope not swole..If SS is a class then it should not change from race to race..pro street don't so why would this

I hope not swole..If SS is a class then it should not change from race to race..pro street don't so why would this

I think the racers and potential racers need to let this feeling be heard by the other race promoters now..!

I don't think changing the Super Stock class for each race is a smart thing to do...

Jeff / Gary came up with this... I think the respect for their accomplishment and rules should be given and upheld..

Just my .02

Another thing I'm pretty passionate about towards keeping / making this more affordable and keeping it geared more towards the "avarage guy" , is NO Standalone controllers!

I think the sponsors / aftermarket guys that cater to the Stock ECM's should be the benefactors here.. I.E. Smarty, EFI Live, Bully Dog, PPE, Diablo Sport, etc.

The standalones are cool and are wonderful for the NOT so avarage guy thats really serious and into BIG money builds...

I think you will find that with EFILIVE that the advantage of a standalone controller will not be like it once was. With EFILIVE you can change and manipulate the factory programming to do just about everything that a standalone could do, so this will pretty much take away most of that advantage.

I think the racers and potential racers need to let this feeling be heard by the other race promoters now..!

I don't think changing the Super Stock class for each race is a smart thing to do...

Jeff / Gary came up with this... I think the respect for their accomplishment and rules should be given and upheld..

Just my .02

Pretty much...

I'm barely even a spectator (didn't make it to this one even, just followed it daily on here) but I was thinking earlier...

How fast can a stock charger truck go with n2o? I think Buck went about as fast as these guys with a stock charger setup and a metric **** ton of squeeze. How would you all feel about allowing a stock charger truck to enter and use spray? The stock charger would have to be purely stock, no modified stock chargers IMO. I don't know a lot about n20 or racing but thought this might open up an avenue for some others to get in on this race as well as add an avenue for some other sponsors to get involved like NX who seems to really be wanting to get more involved. ;)

Just a brain storm. Chew on it and let me know if I'm a babbling idiot that needs to just go back to keeping up with the sled pulling or might be something worth at least considering? I know the "clean burn" of allowing nitrous is appealing to some potential outside sponsors and tracks and such.

Whomever mentioned to keep it for the small guy is delusional IMO. The more you try via stricter rules, the more expense you add. Look at all the whining in the pulling threads about keeping it for the small guy. It's just not possible, period. The beginners or people who can't afford it can still be involved by bracket racing. I wish there was a way besides WS pulling for less expensive pulling with more mods but it's not feasible to run brackets for pulling. LOL

Last edited:
I'm barely even a spectator (didn't make it to this one even, just followed it daily on here) but I was thinking earlier...

How fast can a stock charger truck go with n2o? I think Buck went about as fast as these guys with a stock charger setup and a metric **** ton of squeeze. How would you all feel about allowing a stock charger truck to enter and use spray? The stock charger would have to be purely stock, no modified stock chargers IMO. I don't know a lot about n20 or racing but thought this might open up an avenue for some others to get in on this race as well as add an avenue for some other sponsors to get involved like NX who seems to really be wanting to get more involved. ;)

Just a brain storm. Chew on it and let me know if I'm a babbling idiot that needs to just go back to keeping up with the sled pulling or might be something worth at least considering? I know the "clean burn" of allowing nitrous is appealing to some potential outside sponsors and tracks and such.

Whomever mentioned to keep it for the small guy is delusional IMO. The more you try via stricter rules, the more expense you add. Look at all the whining in the pulling threads about keeping it for the small guy. It's just not possible, period.

I was actually surprised at how clean some of these trucks were actually running...

My only vote was to have the promoter show up at the event with a trailer full of box-stock s465's without exhaust housings. The competitors show up with an exhaust housing and nothing else.

Pay the $500 entry, receive CHRA and compressor housing. Race.

Receive $250 back for each core returned undamaged after the after-race tech.

Oh, and keep the weight limit the same or lower. It was nice only seeing 4 transmissions dropped on the ground this weekend. Weight is a factor, the lower it is, the lower the maintenance costs.

The average joe's truck is not 6000#s missing a hood and bumper with zero interior. Thats a fact.

I'd like to race, but I'd have to buy a rare smaller truck or make mine useless. (not that it does anything anyways).

The average Joe class should be kept DOT legal while on the trackl IMHO.

My only vote was to have the promoter show up at the event with a trailer full of box-stock s465's without exhaust housings. The competitors show up with an exhaust housing and nothing else.

Oh, and keep the weight limit the same or lower. It was nice only seeing 4 transmissions dropped on the ground this weekend. Weight is a factor, the lower it is, the lower the maintenance costs.

Some were from no being able to test and needing "adjustments" to make the trucks run right...

I thought this too make it like NASCAR show up get your tires and fuel except in this case get your turbo. The only issue I see with this is testing and the vendor supplying the turbos is going to have a lot of $$$$ in turbos.

I like the idea of this style race makes me want to finish my drag truck and follow the SS rules. The biggest then that will hurt the SS class is change the rules with different locations. If you want the average joe to be able to do this then you need to get rules and stick to them. That way people can make budgets and plan for turbo purchase and other things need to compete.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

6500 lbs would include SO many more trucks. How many trucks showed up that you could say would really be really competitive? 6? Float the rule's on the forums, I'd bet a bag of marbles 6500 would be at the top of the curve. Something's wrong with your trans builder if you can't hang onto a 66 at that weight. Kinda surprising who was dropping tran's....

Stand alones....of course because I have one damnit. Would they have an edge absolutely. Swole you are not my friend anymore....LOL

Turbo rule's fine by me, yet that Scheid truck I have a feeling by how it was spooling was spinning a honking turbine.

Fever induced babbling for tonight. Tomorrow I bear no responsibility.

For anyone with a 2wd 6500 is pretty heavy.
Our truck is barely 5000 as it sits now and it could easily be a daily driver. I thought 6000 was plenty.
My $.02 now set the rules as you may and if I get the opportunity to run at an event I will gladly hang some weight out back.

Back