Super Stock Diesel 2012

6500 lbs would include SO many more trucks. How many trucks showed up that you could say would really be really competitive? 6? Float the rule's on the forums, I'd bet a bag of marbles 6500 would be at the top of the curve. Something's wrong with your trans builder if you can't hang onto a 66 at that weight. Kinda surprising who was dropping tran's....

Stand alones....of course because I have one damnit. Would they have an edge absolutely. Swole you are not my friend anymore....LOL

Turbo rule's fine by me, yet that Scheid truck I have a feeling by how it was spooling was spinning a honking turbine.

Fever induced babbling for tonight. Tomorrow I bear no responsibility.

LOL

I'm sorry Chris!
I just mean't that the standalones seemed to be more for the All Out kinda guy / trucks...

But if you really think about it, If you added the extra 400-500 lbs to the Scheid truck that Aron and others were packing, Their truck would not have been running the times it was either!!

So maybe the standalones aren't worth worrying about for this Class... As long as the turbo's are so close and the rules stay in tact, It'll be Great Racing!

Yes Chris, at 6500 lbs. this class would sever so many more trucks / folks...
I think this is what you'll see for next years race weight limit...

Maybe it's a minnesota thing... I never see regcab 2wd's 2500/3500 even in gasser trim. that puts most at 7000 with some minor creative weight loss.

meh 6500 is possible with alot of work. i'd bet you'd have 100+ trucks if you go with 7000# and 2.6. I'd pull the air horns and stereo off for that :)

My 2wd QCSB is 6300+ race weight, with the fiberglass tonneau (might weight 300 itself) and full interior.

6500 would be easy to make after adding a roll cage. I can see a RCLB having issues putting on weight, but you can put it where ever you want.

Guess the twins may have to come off!!!!

LOL

But if you really think about it, If you added the extra 400-500 lbs to the Scheid truck that Aron and others were packing, Their truck would not have been running the times it was either!!

Maybe.......Maybe not....... i can tell you it didn't turn the times that it had been turning!:stab:

IMO if the turbo rule gets changed at all it should be to allow any turbo with a 2.6" inlet, including bushings. This would open up the class the most to other races who have a charger that is currently too large by simply being able to add a bushing and being able to compete. Either way you look at it, everyone will still be drawing air through the same 2.6" inlet, I think this will also lower the cost of a competitive charger. A lot cheaper and easier to have a bushing built than a custom clipped wheel charger, tech would also be cut and dry.

Other than the turbo rule I think all the others are good the way they are.

Maybe it's a minnesota thing... I never see regcab 2wd's 2500/3500 even in gasser trim. that puts most at 7000 with some minor creative weight loss.

meh 6500 is possible with alot of work. i'd bet you'd have 100+ trucks if you go with 7000# and 2.6. I'd pull the air horns and stereo off for that :)

With an 1/8 of a tank of fuel and in regular every day driving trim my 1st gen regular cab long bed weights 5300 pounds with me in it and I weigh 360 pounds. 1 race seat, stripped interior, clean out the bed and 1/8 of a tank of fuel will make me run 1K pounds of ballast in the truck...I guess it will just have to be behind the rear tires to see if I can pull the front wheels :evil

IMO if the turbo rule gets changed at all it should be to allow any turbo with a 2.6" inlet, including bushings. This would open up the class the most to other races who have a charger that is currently too large by simply being able to add a bushing and being able to compete. Either way you look at it, everyone will still be drawing air through the same 2.6" inlet, I think this will also lower the cost of a competitive charger. A lot cheaper and easier to have a bushing built than a custom clipped wheel charger, tech would also be cut and dry.

Other than the turbo rule I think all the others are good the way they are.

I just fell out of my chair laughing...

I think the weight should stay at 6,000 lbs. There were plenty of trucks needing to add weight, and the lower weight does help reduce the carnage. The fact that a non-minimum weight truck won should tell us that it might not be as critical as one may think.

I honestly think that allowing Danco and Lenco transmissions does go against the "street" aspect of this class, as much as I would like to see us able to run DirtyMax in the class.

As far as the local advertising, last year's Phoenix and Portland events were heavily advertised, and brought in a TON of spectators. I'm sure there were a lot more issues to be concerned with this year with the first-ever of this type of event, but next year it would probably be good to do more advertising.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I have to agree with Brandon on the spec turbo deal, that right there would make the class much more affordable. It would also make chassis setup and tuning the key. Weight rules, keep them the same, less weight=more passes. I also think the format that was adopted helped, run a round, run a round of bracket style and let the SS trucks cool. Insert your choice of other racing for the brackets.

But, michael, do you see any gassers "average joes" disassembling their car at the track? Sure a 20 year old dodge weighed 2000# less, however a new dodge is 7300#. Fords are heavy too. I cringe at wondering what it would take to get my 2.6 qclb dodge remotly close to 6000.

Sure less carnage with less weight..... but nothing really broke during the 2010 race right?

Last edited:
Well to me 6000/6500 what ever they want. Turbo's I would like to see stock 66's, but it is kind of late for that. Time to adapt! Danco, Lenco transmissions are a bad idea!!! Let's keep it affordable if others can adopt the rule the more trucks can be built!

But, michael, do you see any gassers "average joes" disassembling their car at the track? Sure a 20 year old dodge weighed 2000# less, however a new dodge is 7300#. Fords are heavy too. I cringe at wondering what it would take to get my 2.6 qclb dodge remotly close to 6000.

Sure less carnage with less weight..... but nothing really broke during the 2010 race right?

With big $$$$$ on the line weight WILL be stripped no matter what vehicle or engine. Again this is not a "average joe" race. This is a class to BUILD a truck for, pick the correct baseline truck and go from there.

I think a 2.6 S400 frame style charger should be the turbo style to run, strong, fairly priced and it will give people better options for their setup.

Ill say it again if we want the class to grow the rules need to stay the same. Yall keep talking about the turbos and changing the rules for them, well what about the guys that have already invested in a turbo for this class? Do you really want the guys that are ALREADY running the class to have to go change their setup and buy another charger? Or do you want to change the rules for the people that MIGHT come into the class if they are changed? Im not really in favor of an aftermarket transmission but I will race the class regardless. As far a weight my truck is a regular cab 4x4 and without adding weight it was 5560 lbs and the only thing that was stripped was the carpet and that was to install the cage. I vote to leave the weight the same.

Has anyone thought about how reliable a larger frame turbo is with the shafts being huge! I did'nt see one turbo explode on the track!

Rules

Leave the rules like they are. The turbo rules seemed to work and nobody broke a turbo. The weight worked as there was trucks with a lot of weight added. THIS OR ANY CLASS you are not going to take your daily driver and be at the front of the pack! You have to build for a class. Brackets is were a ANY truck can win with a good driver. Leave the rules alone and I really think this class will grow. You already have some very good trucks in this class and i'm sure more will follow. Jeff

Has anyone thought about how reliable a larger frame turbo is with the shafts being huge! I did'nt see one turbo explode on the track!

It's the only way to go right there!

Leave the rules like they are. The turbo rules seemed to work and nobody broke a turbo. The weight worked as there was trucks with a lot of weight added. THIS OR ANY CLASS you are not going to take your daily driver and be at the front of the pack! You have to build for a class. Brackets is were a ANY truck can win with a good driver. Leave the rules alone and I really think this class will grow. You already have some very good trucks in this class and i'm sure more will follow. Jeff

completely agree

10 sec trucks are definitely becoming more common but, this class isn't a lot different than PS which typically are in the 10's. What's making this class stand out from PS to where more are going to want to build for it ? Luck helps a lot to win a race but, the team with the largest pocket has the advantage every time. If you indexed SS say at 11, I would think it would be more competitive. Then you have
PS @ 10's
SS @ 11's
QD @ 12's

Impulse impulse impulse. I bet I had one of the cheapest turbos at the track when we showed up Thursday. Bullseye came by and asked if I wanted to try a different wheel they were working on.......I changed it on impulse. Before qualifying on Saturday, I pulled the tailgate and bed cover on........impulse. Went .1sec faster. After qualifying Bruce Block offered up his stainless compressor cover.......I changed that on impulse. No matter what I did Saturday or all weekend, I felt like I could do no wrong. I took a truck that had been to the track all last year and Ashley and I busted our a$$e$ when it got down to crunch time. The video was cool but now we need to get people in the seats. We need dramatic events that get people interested in good CLEAN fun.

Tweak the turbo rules. Bump it up to 6500 pounds. I don't think the point of the class is to get Pro Street trucks to drop down. Its to give the average Joe a place to compete and have fun. I see this class as an attempt to get everyone involved in the sport again rather than driving to the events and just watching. I think if you restrict the turbo a bit more. You will get the average Joe back to competing. Which is good for all of us. Then they see they can come close to beating so and so. Or even beat so and so. They catch the bug, start buying parts, manufactures are making money so they get more involved helping sponsor. Everyone wins!! AND we have big events where people are competing rather than watching. My opinion is if you fine tune the rules. There will be no 10 second trucks in the class. Which is the way it should be for the purpose of the class. Hats off to Seth and crew for great runs but that things with a few tweaks is running with the Pro street trucks. No real reason to have it playing around with the street trucks. Put it in Pro Street and make that class bigger and better.

Last edited:
Tweak the turbo rules. Bump it up to 6500 pounds. I don't think the point of the class is to get Pro Street trucks to drop down. Its to give the average Joe a place to compete and have fun. I see this class as an attempt to get everyone involved in the sport again rather than driving to the events and just watching. I think if you restrict the turbo a bit more. You will get the average Joe back to competing. Which is good for all of us. Then they see they can come close to beating so and so. Or even beat so and so. They catch the bug, start buying parts, manufactures are making money so they get more involved helping sponsor. Everyone wins!! AND we have big events where people are competing rather than watching. My opinion is if you fine tune the rules. There will be no 10 second trucks in the class. Which is the way it should be for the purpose of the class. Hats off to Seth and crew for great runs but that things with a few tweaks is running with the Pro street trucks. No real reason to have it playing around with the street trucks. Put it in Pro Street and make that class bigger and better.

Why do y'all say a 10 sec truck does not belong in this class? I met every rule with a street truck that I drive on the street all the time. Aron drives his truck all the time too and he run a few 10s

Back