Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You need a Bosch pump.

Used 13mm pumps can be had cheap enough, I just wish someone would fit 13mm b&p's to the stock pump and does anyone know who would rework the injectors?

I have the fuel backed all the way out, I literally removed the one and it's in the ashtray... It is a 425hp engine with a good block serial number, can't remember #'s off hand... I'm used to common rail stuff, lol. So I wasn't sure how bigger nozzles or injectors would effect pump timing due to pop off pressure... We wanna pull at local fairs during the summer, there is a couple locals that have new Cummins' with emission deletes and ported manifolds and "upgraded turbos" and are tuned and claim 700+ HP, and I think they are thinking that's rwhp, and I want to spank there asses...

I don't think 850 hp to the fly wheel is out of the question with with a Cat pump and Cat injectors.

My dad did 500 hp to the wheels with his 3407C with weak stock 425 Cat injectors, a Borg Warner stock replacement turbo, 3/4 a hole of timing and 3 1/2 turns of of fuel. Figuring 25% driveline loss and that's 600 hp to the flywheel. He's since put 25% over injectors, a Borg Warner billet S475 and still 3 1/2 turns of fuel. He says it has way more power than when it was on the Dyno 2 years ago.

My dad also has a 3406B in his puller. It has never been on the Dyno but it's a very strong engine. Hoping to get it on the Dyno this spring. That engine has 100% over injectors, full hole of timing and many different turbos from a stock Cat to a Holset HC5a.

Depending on what your doing with it I believe 850 hp at the fly wheel is achievable with a Cat pump and Cat injectors. That's 635 hp to the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
more like 750 to the wheels if transmission stays the same.

I have the fuel backed all the way out, I literally removed the one and it's in the ashtray...
you removed only 1 screw ? I took out both from the truck I posted a Youtube hillclimb video some time ago. It doesn't smoke almost at all when under boost, says something about B-pump capacity. Oversize nozzles might help a little bit but I think anything over 30% is harmful. If you can keep it fueling maximum up to 3000 rpm then it might get close to 800+

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNioITFz6WY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNioITFz6WY[/ame]

Red needle nose KW, 3406, cat pump, and Bosch nozzles. The nozzle is the limiting factor.

you removed only 1 screw ? I took out both from the truck I posted a Youtube hillclimb video some time ago. It doesn't smoke almost at all when under boost, says something about B-pump capacity. Oversize nozzles might help a little bit but I think anything over 30% is harmful. If you can keep it fueling maximum up to 3000 rpm then it might get close to 800+

I was told to leave that one in a 1/4 or 1/3 turn to feel that dampening or tension that's on it, I was told that is needed and removing that was gaining no more total fuel???

I spent yesterday morning working on a 1975 White Road Boss with a 350hp Cummins. It has been sitting for eight years untouched. Luckily the guy mowed around it regularly. I put batteries, new fuel and filter, and a shot of ether and she fired right up. I had to bypass the shutoff solenoid because it wasn't functioning. It was music to my ears when she fired up! Surprisingly all the brakes broke loose within 20 feet of moving forward. I had to replace 1 small airline and was able to drive it 5 miles to my buddies house. The truck is in rough shape so I'll probably part it out or sell whole if anyone is interested in it. Here is the truck:

7516A7D8-1FC3-41DA-B0C6-F60CDB1E8800_1.jpg

And the first start video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAhJBqKMQZE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAhJBqKMQZE[/ame]

Just an FYI,

I talked to Columbus Diesel today, and they have 13mm B&P's in the works to go directly into the Cat 3406b pump, they are 3-4 months out on being ready for public release. They are hoping to have them before first of the year and then do some testing for month or 2 after that...

Just an FYI,

I talked to Columbus Diesel today, and they have 13mm B&P's in the works to go directly into the Cat 3406b pump, they are 3-4 months out on being ready for public release. They are hoping to have them before first of the year and then do some testing for month or 2 after that...

This right here is some good info!

Price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back