Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Just an FYI,

I talked to Columbus Diesel today, and they have 13mm B&P's in the works to go directly into the Cat 3406b pump, they are 3-4 months out on being ready for public release.
Made in Italy. Propably comes with the DLC- coating. Helps a little but single scroll design is still unreliable.

Just another jab at caterpillar, plenty of those single scroll pumps still running up and down the road every day.

Just another jab at caterpillar, plenty of those single scroll pumps still running up and down the road every day.

Lol, let me leave this here!
e49647bcc7e1b1c3b258cf9fd3bde0bf.jpg

But they are not the best, there's a reason why C-model is twinscroll. Larger plungers make more side thrust and score easily. Maybe they convert to twinscroll ?

Buddy sent me this picture of a Ferd he's hauling from southwest Michigan to Maryland Performance Diesel for some work.

Attachments

• mpd.jpg
    mpd.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
60 series truck. He's on here somewhere. I can't remember his username or find the thread on his truck. If I recall I think he did most of the work himself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcQaeTxhHG8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcQaeTxhHG8[/ame]

Ehhh... I just need normal schooling lol. What's good, what's not, what to look for. Lol

Bruce Mallinson who owns Pittsburgh Power seems to have a pretty good reputation when it comes to these motors. From what I hear he's very friendly when it comes to giving advice on different generations of this engine and what would work best for you.

PP is the last place you want to call to try and get advice, I gave them exact part numbers I wanted to use and asked if they would be compatible, their response was we don't give out part number. I mean really, I gave you the effin part numbers and you tell me that.

I spent an hour on the phone talking with the guy that build my injectors and learned more about a big cam from him than reading all the articles from Bruce.

I spent an hour on the phone talking with the guy that build my injectors and learned more about a big cam from him than reading all the articles from Bruce.

Lol, you probably gained 1mpg just by talking to Bruce on the phone! Even adding a POS Lipe clutch or a damper will gain you fuel mileage if "one mile Mallison" sells it to you. He lost all credibility when he makes 1mpg claims for everything. And he loves his ceramic coating which is a joke. The place that does the coating admits it's great to keep manifolds looking good but is a complete waste on Pistons.

I would like to never have to use them to buy parts, but they seem to be the only place that sells the balancer ring, and I want to use one after I rebuild this winter. I have heard more than once that the coating does very little and actually the pistons crowns get coated through the combustion process.

Back