Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I couldn't agree more

Pretty much. Phuck cheap freight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There's a guy and his son close to me that drive what could be considered "port trucks". Now I don't think everyone should be driving show trucks with chrome brake drums but Jesus if the grill on your truck is broken replace it. Nope they just remove it so it's A/C condenser for the world to see. His dad's truck is an older 379 with stacks that weren't the same height, visor is missing, bumper is bent to chit. If they change tires they don't have any problem putting an inside wheel on the outside. If they tear off a mudflap they just flip it upside down and bolt it back on.

Now you could argue that none of that makes them money but neither does taking a shower.

We've got plenty of those kind of trucks running locally around my place......pulling the oil drain plug in the middle of the night would be considered an act of Mercy to the truck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

75d259f8c7b488e11bbfd33dd33af637.jpg

1eb481981543a7d4ab83c0d81dedbd32.jpg

There's a guy and his son close to me that drive what could be considered "port trucks". Now I don't think everyone should be driving show trucks with chrome brake drums but Jesus if the grill on your truck is broken replace it. Nope they just remove it so it's A/C condenser for the world to see. His dad's truck is an older 379 with stacks that weren't the same height, visor is missing, bumper is bent to chit. If they change tires they don't have any problem putting an inside wheel on the outside. If they tear off a mudflap they just flip it upside down and bolt it back on.

Now you could argue that none of that makes them money but neither does taking a shower.

I'm with ya.

I don't know how guys like that get past DOT. Now I know DOT are pricks and will give anyone a hard time but I have to imagine they are a little easier on you if your truck looks kept up.

I'm with ya.

I don't know how guys like that get past DOT. Now I know DOT are pricks and will give anyone a hard time but I have to imagine they are a little easier on you if your truck looks kept up.

Not always... I've been pulled in a lot more in a nice polished, clean truck, than when I drove a run down 379 or the Arab behind or in front of me running a POS.

Well technically as I understand, VIT is only available on 72 and 86, it just adds doors to cabinets and some other little things IIRC. The different interiors are Diamond and Splendor, VIT gets used in place of diamond in a lot of listings though.

That's just how it is for newer trucks at least, the naming may have been different back in the day which may be where all of the confusion comes to play.

My 94 has diamond black vit is how I understood it? 60" sleeper. Cabinets have doors and all black interior is diamond including the entire bunk. If that's not vit I'm not sure how they make it better.

To the cat guys I remember to see some chat on the 3126 engines. I'm looking at buying a wheel loader and one for sale is a 950g with a 3126dita? 197hp engine. Looking for some general stuff and issues these might have. I kinda would prefer a Deere or komatsu loader but keeping my options open.

To the cat guys I remember to see some chat on the 3126 engines. I'm looking at buying a wheel loader and one for sale is a 950g with a 3126dita? 197hp engine. Looking for some general stuff and issues these might have. I kinda would prefer a Deere or komatsu loader but keeping my options open.

Wells good friend of mine has been a heavy equipment mechanic for 25+yrs and said he would take Cat over Deere or Komatsu any day. I asked about the 950 and he said its a good machine. This is what they do when an injector hold down bolt breaks when the owner is pushing a pile of dirt to the moon.
1001fcf73e4bc4e40708aac885871d87.jpg

Found the injector in the belly pan, new O-rings/valve cover and cleaned it up, stuck it back in and still runs like a champ.

I'm Not so good on earth moving engine. Tough engines. Change oil frequently, make sure they have fuel pressure

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

That's crazy. Thanks for the info that's good to know. I thought I had read some bad stuff about the 3126 but maybe that was the 3116. The machinenin question turned out to have 28,000 hrs and that's way too many for my liking. But at least I know they are just as reliable as any when looked after.

3116 in our old 928g had crazy hours on it when we got it and we ran it for another 7-8 years with no problems. 3126 in the 938g that replaced hasn't given us any trouble either

That's crazy. Thanks for the info that's good to know. I thought I had read some bad stuff about the 3126 but maybe that was the 3116. The machinenin question turned out to have 28,000 hrs and that's way too many for my liking. But at least I know they are just as reliable as any when looked after.

The only problem with the 3126 is like any HUEI system you have to change the f'ing oil. They don't like to be neglected.

The on highways break rings around the 12k hour mark. I don't think that's an issue with the ring package off highway

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I have a good e-model head without the relief cuts, will this work on an Acert block? Gonna do another iva deleted Acert, wondering if This head will work

I have a good e-model head without the relief cuts, will this work on an Acert block? Gonna do another iva deleted Acert, wondering if This head will work
Heads are the same except for a few holes for the IVA studs.

Hope your lowering the compression or the flat head won't save you anything.

Last edited:
I don't care if it makes me money or not. I have to like the truck I'm driving. If it's a rattling rusted underpowered POS I'm not owning it or driving it. I've always said if you have to drive a truck you traded a lawnmower for to make money, your hauling the wrong freight. Same with fuel mileage, if you have to hand tarp and drive 50mph to make money park it.

I completely agree, if I wanted to buy something just to make money, I'd buy a freightliner with their integrated driveline, but I prefer something that I actually want to drive, even though I know it will likely net less profit. Even if I had a few more trucks that I was putting drivers in, I'd still spend extra on a few things to have a good image and retain drivers. Brakebush is one local place that has always ordered KWs with every single option, diamond VIT, sunroof, smart wheel, etc. They've never had to advertise for drivers.

At the same time I also see why some situations have no use for the extras and only end up costing money in the end.

That's up there, but you never know. Depends on the application and maintenance. FWIW, the old T800 I posted has a 435 N14 with nearly 35,000hrs on it, never been touched, we bought it with 720k/20,000hrs. I've been doing 1000-1500hr oil change intervals with plain old Delo 400LE, UOAs all still come back suggesting longer intervals with very low wear.

Heads are the same except for a few holes for the IVA studs.

Hope your lowering the compression or the flat head won't save you anything.

Yes sir. 16:1. Thinkin about the 800 cam, keep the twins, and 625 injectors. All Parts I have on the shelf
Thanks

Last edited:
Back