Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yea Antrim built that for him. It's been back once getting things changed. No those are not cat turbos.

C18 and C15 are the same block/head/rods etc. Crank, pistons and liners are the only difference.

The only issue with C18 is above 3000rpm but that's with any long stroke engine.

Are any of the aftermarket big cam Cummins rebuild parts any good? It'd be for a 400 that probably won't see 100k in the next 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PAI and FP diesel both have pretty decent parts, my pistons, rings, cam and cam bearings are all FP. I found new old stock cummins rod and main bearings to use.

Most of my gaskets are from PAI.

PAI and FP diesel both have pretty decent parts, my pistons, rings, cam and cam bearings are all FP. I found new old stock cummins rod and main bearings to use.

Most of my gaskets are from PAI.
Do you have a good source or are you getting them local? Everything I come across is alibaba like sites

I rolled bearings in mine from PAI and have used them on a couple overhauls, they seem like good quality

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine has been using pai stuff on his 6b rebuilds with no problems, so I might look in that direction for the 855. I'm only finding eBay stuff, I might check a couple local guys. Does snedge sell big stuff?

A buddy of mine has been using pai stuff on his 6b rebuilds with no problems, so I might look in that direction for the 855. I'm only finding eBay stuff, I might check a couple local guys. Does snedge sell big stuff?

Yes he does.

Do you have a good source or are you getting them local? Everything I come across is alibaba like sites

I use a place called reliable industries, they have an online store, prices are good and usually less then my local vendors. They sell PAI, FP, and Interstate Mcbee.

I believe Snedge sells a lot of Mcbee parts.

Only thing that might hurt you is shipping to the west coast, most parts from them are drop shipped from the manufacturer and all of them are on this side of the country, PAI ships out of Georgia, FP out of Chicago, and McBee out of Cleveland.

Thoughts on this 99? Something about it doesn't "feel" right to me but MrT and LOGANSTANFORTH say otherwise.

14716186_1376570932361596_561445288534435067_n.jpg

I use a place called reliable industries, they have an online store, prices are good and usually less then my local vendors. They sell PAI, FP, and Interstate Mcbee.

I believe Snedge sells a lot of Mcbee parts.

Only thing that might hurt you is shipping to the west coast, most parts from them are drop shipped from the manufacturer and all of them are on this side of the country, PAI ships out of Georgia, FP out of Chicago, and McBee out of Cleveland.
Thanks, I sent him the link. Is there a better cpl number we should use? I think he said it was a 531 now.

Thanks, I sent him the link. Is there a better cpl number we should use? I think he said it was a 531 now.

Depends on how many parts you want to change, 531 is a decent 400cpl, if changing the cam then I would build to a 676 and opt for the dual NI pistons.

Top two rings are set in steel rather then just the top most ring being in steel.

Attachments

• Dual NI.jpg
    Dual NI.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Single NI.jpg
    Single NI.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What cam is being used in vgt deleted isx's for improved jaking. I'm about to rebuild a cm870 with an hx60, jake could use some help. Thanks

What cam is being used in vgt deleted isx's for improved jaking. I'm about to rebuild a cm870 with an hx60, jake could use some help. Thanks

The 870 doesn't rely on the turbo for braking like the 871 and newer. If the Jake is weak on the ISX replace the solenoids.

But to answer your question PDI makes the replacement cam.

The 171702 Borg is a WAY better replacement turbo than the 60 for an ISX.

Back