Building, and I mean building a 6.0?

In a Ferd body... nope. On the other hand, they're a dime a dozen if you're talking Dodges lol Doh!

Building a 6.0 for high horsepower sure seems like giving a wedding ring to a hooker.....sooner or later, you're going to be out a bunch of money that you invested...

then again, what do I know.

Come on guys it is possiable to build a 6.0 and compete and even beat the top dodges! it is expensive as hell but when its all said and done it will be worth it! dalpiolt if u need help feel free to contact my engine is going to be scrapped at the end of pulling season to make room for the brand new P-pumped 6.0.............

partsguy662 said:
Building a 6.0 for high horsepower sure seems like giving a wedding ring to a hooker.....sooner or later, you're going to be out a bunch of money that you invested...
then again, what do I know.
If DA would have simply ask about building a 6.0 then you would be correct. He didn't! He ask about building and he means building, a 6.0. He really means it! He's super serious about it! That changes everything! Lay off the hooker comments now ok. This is serious and I mean serious.

Seriously if your just looking to throw your money away on ventures that won't prevail- then I got a bridge over here for sale, low interest rates too....:hehe:

it gets old that every thread about a 6.0 high performance build, all the dodge guys come over here and run there mouth. If u want to start a thread explaining why your truck is so much better than any ford 6.0s then go ahead just keep it out of here. not everyone likes to follow the same damn ran down path as u dodge guys!

Your right its gonna take extensive block modifications, cut block down center, cut off 2 cylinders of one bank, weld 2 cylinder bank to the other one to make it an inline 6- slap a cummins valve cover on it and dream.....:pop:

BLAH BLAH BLAH. That is all i hear from you. If someone wants to try and do it with a 6.0 then let them. Everything has evolve somewhere. don't get me wrong, i love the cummins just as much as you do, but to sit there and dog someone for wanting to try something new is just plain rude. I have a 6.0 and a cummins so i have both worlds. I will also say that not only does my superduty look better but it rides better as well. Yes you can make that much hp with a cummins, but the cummins has also been around for alot longer. The 6.0 will be there eventually, but it's gonna take someone willing to take that risk. and i commend anyone for wanting to take that risk, no matter which way it works out.

That was the argument the 7.3 guys always used... right up until the day it was discontinued lol. Now the 6.0 has been out for years and the Ferd crew still come back with that sleepy weak argument that it's a new engine. Take that sappy chit back to TDG.

DA, I have decided to let you build a BA 6.0. I'm sorry for being rude to you. Plz continue...

Go for it pilot. It can and will be done. Just need money.
Id rather have my 600 horse 6.0 then a 1000 horse cummins. I like my comfort and the way my truck looks far better then the dodge. I have both and would take the ford every time(unless Im going to a mud bog) Ryan

I can make 450 with a tune, intake, exh. and a tiny shot of spray. Add it up. My mods and an 82 jet will easily make over 6. Couple people out there with it already.

Nah... that paper tiger will put a rod through the block before you make it to 525. Save yourselves the headache and just put a real motor(Cummings) in them chitboxes.

Your Ferd Captains Rich, and Gregory, have abandoned your ship. You better find a lifeboat and save yourselves while there's still time.

Last edited:
I was not Furd bashing. I would like to see the cornbinders come around. My feeling is that to build a 6.0 to produce the kind of power a Cummins produces with only add-ons would involve a complete redesign. Like getting rid of a lot of major engine components.
Would it even be an international at that point?

Back