Building, and I mean building a 6.0?

Dalpilot said:
What parts are available for internals? Rods, Pistons, I have some extra parts, (cam, heads, block to be used as an anchor:hehe: ) and I am thinking about starting a little project. I know Richard had said billet rods were around 3500.00 but what are some parts that are available. Might even bore out the 6.0 if thats possible. Its just an idea, but it sure would be cool as hell to do. WHats your thoughts, and any links to sites would be appreciated. BTW, I am talking about a no expense spared build here. Might take a while, but I think it would be a bunch of fun.

If you are going to go past 800hp, you will need rods. Cunningham has them. A bit expensive but they got them. Headwork, hopefully your engine builder is good and can get a good flow out of the heads. The main problem I see you are having right now is a turbo. Cams are on the way as we speak.

Anything is possible. I don't see why a 6.0L can't go to 800-900hp. Good luck with the build.

DJ

With fully built no daily driver truck you can remove all the heating and AC parts. This will give you lots of room for the second turbo. I don't thnk air would be an issue. I think getting enough fuel is the limitation. When I talked to Tim at psi last year he ran all the number and just can't figure out how the stock hpop can supply over 275 ccs of fuel. You may be able to build the injectos bigger but you can't get all the fuel out of them.

Dual HPOP's man...it's been done several times.
You run the second off a belt like a dual CP3 set-up.

I agree on the 275 max though....just isn't enough oil there for anything bigger.

UNBROKEN said:
Dual HPOP's man...it's been done several times.
You run the second off a belt like a dual CP3 set-up.

I agree on the 275 max though....just isn't enough oil there for anything bigger.

Been done on a 6.0? Maybe I missed it, sorry.

HEY duke1n !!!

You think any of us ford guys will fall for a Cumapart rattle box after you run fords in the dirt. Negative!!

The cummins can make big power we all know BUT not everyone wants a vibrating cumins powered truck.

Air flow is easy to do with good head work, and a big single or twins in lubes case, billit cams can be made "works good" machined pistons and rods are out there, oil supply can be reached lpop belt driven pump, hpop all new internals that can feed 490cc injectors! big fuel pump feeding them. and some computer tuning. front and rear air lockers bigger axles warren lockout hubs 5:13 gears. so theres ur over 700hp engine and superstreet 6.0L dont bash the ford camp when u dont know what can be made for one! oh and a triple disc 11in clutch

duke1n,
don't give up that easy, this gave me a place to vent my frustrations from work today. Kinda like therapy.:bang No hurt feeling on this end, plus i don't even know who the mods are. Plus i wanna know where to get that gerbil that you mentioned on page 3 that would get me to 600 hp. :woohoo:

Guys Mikes just pissed cause that garage queen of his (the DERDGE) hasn't seen the light of day in months, and since he's the one building it we all know when it does finally hit the road it will last atleast long enough for us to all point and laugh. Living at 9000 feet has cost mike most of what makes normal people tolerable. LOL Now he sits on the keyboard and tries like hell to get us worthless FERD guys to reply to him in a hopeless attempt to distract him from working on what he knows is a vain attempt to polish a turd. Being a mountain man there is not a need for driving anything with class since the last time he saw some ass he was feeding it a carrot. LOL LOL LOL

Now if your done Mike and Jeff, can we get this thread back on topic, I mean if you don't mind. LOL

Last edited:
Dalpilot said:
Guys Mikes just pissed cause that garage queen of his (the DERDGE) hasn't seen the light of day in months, and since he's the one building it we all know when it does finally hit the road it will last atleast long enough for us to all point and laugh. Living at 9000 feet has cost mike most of what makes normal people tolerable. LOL Now he sits on the keyboard and tries like hell to get us worthless FERD guys to reply to him in a vain attempt to distract him from working on what he knows is a vain attempt to polish a turd. Being a mountain man there is not a need for driving anything with class since the last time he saw some ass he was feeding it a carrot. LOL LOL LOL

Now if your done Mike and Jeff, can we get this thread back on topic, I mean if you don't mind. LOL

Now thats some funny sh#$

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Dal, The funniest crap I have ever read in a long time. I have a dodge and theres not much to do with it except put some nice wheels on it. Mines lifted to the sky so you cant really see the body of it. :clap: :clap: Still laughing.

Dalpilot said:
Guys Mikes just pissed cause that garage queen of his (the DERDGE) hasn't seen the light of day in months, and since he's the one building it we all know when it does finally hit the road it will last atleast long enough for us to all point and laugh. Living at 9000 feet has cost mike most of what makes normal people tolerable. LOL Now he sits on the keyboard and tries like hell to get us worthless FERD guys to reply to him in a vain attempt to distract him from working on what he knows is a vain attempt to polish a turd. Being a mountain man there is not a need for driving anything with class since the last time he saw some ass he was feeding it a carrot. LOL LOL LOL

Very well put. :thankyou2: Dalpilot.:hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL

FirstOnRaceDay said:
Very well put. :thankyou2: Dalpilot.:hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL

Sometimes Tim surprises us all with his words of wisdom:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mostly I surprise myself. I'm sure Mike will respond, Actually, I am fully expecting it, and would be disappointed if he didn't. You have to read Mikes Sig to fully understand his twisted mind.

Tim while I not only respect your initiative for taking this unfamiliar path, I also have personally taken a similar diesel path that was less traveled simply to make a point and let me tell you it's satisfying to a point but it will peak then let you down.

Like I've said before even if I ran a 13 second 1/4 in my former diesel VW Passat it would still be a VW car. That`said 800 wheel HP on a 6 liter is outstanding but a CR can do it on stock internals with a few upgrades. After you spend your lunch money on a modded motor some Internet dyno drag racer is going to make you feel insufficient even if you have raised the 6 liter bar. Then again it takes me an entire quarter to make what you make in a week so dowatchulike.LOL

Seriously, all you need to do is call jharvey to deadhead that truck to Garmon's so he can download a nasty CR in it.:evil

I think the best advice here is borrowed from Kenny Rogers when he said, "Know when to walk away, know when to run."LOL

Whatever you decide GOOD LUCK!!!:cheer:

Well said :clap: :clap:

Dal if you do go through with this I do wish ya luck, do what makes ya happy.:rockwoot:

So what you're saying is the last time you dyno'd it made 418hp so you rounded it up to 425hp? You've added another gerbil and now believe it will be at 600hp?

LMAO at this priceless quote. :hehe:

duke1n said:
While you are correct in stating that if you have a Ferd and exceed 500hp something is going to a ****, that would not be the case if you owned a real motor. My mighty Cummings long long ago surpassed the 500hp insurmountable Ferd barrier and it didn't even need nitrous to do so. Regarding crap... my Dodge eats Chebies and craps Ferds.

Don't you have to get it out of the garage to HP #s:poke: .

Back