Building, and I mean building a 6.0?

TooMuchBoost said:
I think the best advice here is borrowed from Kenny Rogers when he said, "Know when to walk away, know when to run."LOL
Believe it or not...he's my Uncle

Heads - huge port and polish job
Rockers - aftermarket -Don't know who
Pushrods - probably need aftermarket
Cam custom
Rods Aftermarket
Crank, stock might hold with work done to it
Pistons- custom
335cc injectors
Big turbo or twin turbo set up
Custom low pressure oil pump (Elite-Diesel)
Custom HPOP (long Island)
5,000 rpm max

Something you might want to consider is cryogenic

Your probably looking at 25K to 35K.
Talk to Elite and Long Island. They can shed some light on what it will take.

Dalpilot said:
Mostly I surprise myself. I'm sure Mike will respond, Actually, I am fully expecting it, and would be disappointed if he didn't. You have to read Mikes Sig to fully understand his twisted mind.
Uh huh lol. At the same time you were posting this you were sending me PMs asking me to stop derailing your thread and leave you alone. Are you related to the booger eaters over on TDG? You act like it. Spend all the money you have... make it 2000hp not 1000hp. You're still just DA who get's his panties in a wad everytime I take a jab at you lol. I swear to jesus, ferd owners are the absolute least humorous diesel owners out there :doh:

duke1n said:
I swear to jesus, ferd owners are the absolute least humorous diesel owners out there :doh:

Actually popele get sick and tired of someone who does nothing but run his mouth! Thats the type of guy who needs a fat lip. Fast truck or not...infact a fast truck is respected but a mouth...doesn't matter who he is, a mouth is just a mouth and can overshadow his fast truck into a POS because it belongs to the mouth! Some people need a life aside from talking s*** on every forum thats diesel related. What a sad thing to be known for. At some point ...GROW UP!!

StuckinMud said:
Actually popele get sick and tired of someone who does nothing but run his mouth! Thats the type of guy who needs a fat lip. Fast truck or not...infact a fast truck is respected but a mouth...doesn't matter who he is, a mouth is just a mouth and can overshadow his fast truck into a POS because it belongs to the mouth! Some people need a life aside from talking s*** on every forum thats diesel related. What a sad thing to be known for. At some point ...GROW UP!!

Very Nice :clap:

duke1n said:
Uh huh lol. At the same time you were posting this you were sending me PMs asking me to stop derailing your thread and leave you alone. Are you related to the booger eaters over on TDG? You act like it. Spend all the money you have... make it 2000hp not 1000hp. You're still just DA who get's his panties in a wad everytime I take a jab at you lol. I swear to jesus, ferd owners are the absolute least humorous diesel owners out there :doh:

Not exactly Mike, here is the pager I sent you:

"Mike, find a different thread, you've derailed this one far enough, thanks."

I can see how I begged you to leave me alone. No wadded panties here, I go commando. Get your story straight next time big guy. :kick: Its tough being "just DA" but somehow I'll muddle through that and try to get over your negative thoughts about me. It won't be easy, but I'll try.:hehe: :hehe: BTW, I was driving my POS Ferd yesterday while you were sitting in front of your computer with your jar of vasoline staring at that POS sitting in your garage stroking to the tempo of the little engine that could. "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can".

StuckinMud said:

Actually I think ole Dukey is banned at all the other sites, we keep him around here for entertainment. LOL

go check roadkill in the dodge kill thread on the "Other site", i got banned and the thread got locked cause i shut him down so hard :)

oh and hi thar dooky, in another ford thread i see with your imaginary big wheels :)

So Dal- will ya be going with

Block strengthening mods? Girdle, Arp Main Studs?
Cunninham Rods?
Full ported heads? New Age Head studs?

RacinDuallie said:

Cunninham Rods?

The 6.0's have a very strong block. Ford/Navistar put in a girdle, so no need to.

RacinDuallie said:

Cunninham Rods?

Not sure Jeff, if, and its a big IF I were to do it, I would do it like I do everything. Study up and take opinions on what is the best out there, (clearly all banks stuff. LOL), then slowly buy and build. The heads are going to be done regardless. CHS racing who built my boat motors, (also used to build all of Big daddy Don Garlits, (SP?) heads), is gonna play with the heads and see what he can get them to flow.

The way I see it, I paid the truck off a few months back, so I have some extra $$$ now every month. Also I figure if it takes me two years to build it, I can talk about how fast its gonna be and all the people I am gonna hand their asses to them like Mikey does. :kick: :hehe: :hehe:

It might be fun. It might be more fun to find a CR and build the crap out of it, and strap it in something that weighs next to nothing too. :rockwoot:

Last edited:
Dalpilot said:
Actually I think ole Dukey is banned at all the other sites, we keep him around here for entertainment. LOL

I'm sick of his BS!! Gets old! :Throwup: *bdh* :umno:

Loose Nut said:
go check roadkill in the dodge kill thread on the "Other site", i got banned and the thread got locked cause i shut him down so hard :)

oh and hi thar dooky, in another ford thread i see with your imaginary big wheels :)
I bet you can get banned from this site too. Wanna try?

The rest of you crotchity Ferd owners need to take a few deep breaths and relax a little. See you all at Truckfest lol.

duke1n said:
I bet you can get banned from this site too. Wanna try?

The rest of you crotchity Ferd owners need to take a few deep breaths and relax a little. See you all at Truckfest lol.

If I were any more relaxed I'd have to pass a drug test. You gonna have that pig finished by truck fest?

Not for racing. I'm doing everything I can to at least get it running so I can drive it down there. Lots of stuff suppose to come back from powdercoat Monday as well as some pieces from the polish shop. I spoke to Ron at Suncoast today and they had forgot to get the tranny controller sent so that won't get here until late next week now it sounds either. The way this whole project has gone it won't be done until about the time the snow starts flying and it's time to put it up for the winter and start on it again.

Loose Nut said:

I happen to know the fellows that run the other site, and I'm pretty sure you didnt get banned because you "shut him down so hard." I'd guess you got banned for breaking the rules there. I know what they are, I wrote them. A bit of advice too..... Mods dont like being dared to ban someone, so that probably wont fly here either. I suggest you read Here and see what kind of rules you are expected to follow here. Pay close attention to the first bullet point under "Posting"

Back to the "shut him down so hard" comment. LOL I dont think it is possible to "Shut Duke1n down"...........yo
You must be one heckuva poster to out-wit the ole dukester.

I can see it is going to be fun having you around. I'd suggest that since you think this is a "Fantasy island Make out party" that you should jump into the drag racing or bench racing forum. You will like it there

Last edited:
Back