Budget 6.70 drag truck build!!

Makes me wanna change all mine! Hopefully in the 24V engines they're stronger, and BTW you are one lucky Cat!

Trust me I’m very aware. Thankfully it didn’t start back for another pass. Would of been a lot worse I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I agree. They were stock. It’s only got 4K gsk but I can free rev to 6000 in gear it defuels after about 42-4300

Why would you free rev that high? Its losing power after about 3200-3300rpm...To each their own, just seems unnecessarily risky to me.

Why would you free rev that high? Its losing power after about 3200-3300rpm...To each their own, just seems unnecessarily risky to me.

I didn’t on intention. I missed 2-3 and threw it to neutral. Wasn’t intentional

When I was breaking trans about every other pass, ain't no tellin how high mine revved to a couple times. I just try not to think about it, ha.

Damn that hurts, need a lockout shifter LOL

It’s supposed to be. But the tci outlaw 2-3 you have to pull the lever and it will lock out neutral unless you let go of the lever. Mine once it’s in 3rd al I have to do is bump it for neutral

When I was breaking trans about every other pass, ain't no tellin how high mine revved to a couple times. I just try not to think about it, ha.

I’m with you on the not thinking about it part. The trans I built seems to be working well so far. Time will tell. May messs it up next pass. Never can tell. Fluid still looks great and shifts are frim and instant hope it stays that way

Got the truck back together last night. If rain holds off will make a trip to the track tonight.
be7d20d45ba9d09fa1b55b139c598758.jpg

Those retainers sure are pretty

Got some passes Friday. First full pass was a 7.85 with a 1.88 60ft. Then we decided to drop trite pressure some and the truck hooked a lot better but started to bounce and ended up running 7.80 with a 1.75 60ft. That was out of it a lot of the pass too. Gonna have to adjust the shocks to get the bouncing out of it. But truck made some good passes still fuel only. With spray the truck will come to life it’s heavily overfueled currently.
99333744a6d8fd310154ea48e3ba235f.jpg

Just alittle update. Trans was hanging on 2-3 shift when locked up and it was a rookie mistake. I presumed with full manual valve body you didn’t need the tv lever hooked up. So therefore line pressure was low. Finally got a gauge. Was 105 in gear and 125 locked up. Now I’ve got it all situated. Don’t think it messed anything up in the process but now it sits at 165 at idle in gear and 195 locked up.

Bed is on the truck for a good while, atleast I hope so. Had to trim the wheel wells out alittle to clear the slicks. They were just barely not touching at ride height now I have about 3inches of clearance
70e0f661c1d09aba3a273578ad0202bb.jpg

Ran a new best last night after a night of blowing boots every pass on Friday. Got some better spring clamps and hopefully fixed the problem for good. Ran a 7.35 at 97 with a 1.79 60ft on a no prep track.
14e2dc778a668752d9cc08650426584e.jpg

Finally got a chance to weigh the truck! Came in at 3940 without me In it. And right at 4200 with me in it. 60.5-39.5 weight bias. Not to bad for. All steel full frame truck
5d514e3b138c2dbda75291ed81966c1c.jpg

Back