Press, home built?

Go down to the local steel yard and buy surplus bar stock by weight, cut it to length and shape for your press plates, golden for cheaper.

Be careful on some HF presses

They are now selling grey ones with actual steel press plates

However, alot of the orange presses use cast plates that have cracked and exploded

Be careful on some HF presses

They are now selling grey ones with actual steel press plates

However, alot of the orange presses use cast plates that have cracked and exploded

The one I just bought tonight is the gray one. I'll look at swag off-road and pirate for upgrades and tools to go along with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, you'll be fine then. May be a good idea to install a caliper or some type of height finder to get repeatable bends out of it. You woul be amazed what the difference is in .742 and .751 (die height) when press braking.

That's a 12 ton though, one I linked is the 20 ton.

Don't worry neither one of those will get past 5 tons without blowing apart anyway. If anything it seems like their smaller ones hold up longer before they deform or flat out fail.

Don't worry neither one of those will get past 5 tons without blowing apart anyway. If anything it seems like their smaller ones hold up longer before they deform or flat out fail.

Well that's lovely to hear, but I can't say unexpected.

The one I just bought tonight is the gray one. I'll look at swag off-road and pirate for upgrades and tools to go along with it.

Yeah, I have a new one and it has flat plate arbors, not cast ones. Haven't had any issue with them the few times I have overloaded the jack on it. I did put locking casters on the bottom, nice to have the ability to roll it around.

The swag offroad brake does look sweet.

Here she is, nothing fancy, but will do 100 tons, and works well. I'd still like to add a hand crank cable or chain lift to the bed. The columns are made from 8 x 2-1/2 x .487 channel with 1/2 x 2-1/2 flat extensions welded to it to bring it out far enough to support the holes.

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
Back