10 second 1st gen

Thats not competition, anyone can build a 10's p pump or common rail truck. I like a challenge and to be different.

It’s gonna be tough hitting 10s with only 600hp and no lockup. Long ways from 12.3 to 10.99 too. Good luck though.

Anything is possible, all you have to do is believe!

Still trying to believe my way into an early retirement, but the naysayers keep saying stupid crap like “invest” or “get a job, you lazy SOB”. Haters are everywhere, man. Respect the hustle.

You admitting a VE has fueling capabilities past 3200rpm confirms your own ignorance. Even the reputable folks here tried giving you some slack, but you’re too smart to realize this.

I say this thread falls on its face much like a VE pump does past 3,000 rpm.

Be sure your exhaust tips point directly rearward. You’ll need the extra thrust to achieve 10’s.

You admitting a VE has fueling capabilities past 3200rpm confirms your own ignorance. Even the reputable folks here tried giving you some slack, but you’re too smart to realize this.

I say this thread falls on its face much like a VE pump does past 3,000 rpm.

Be sure your exhaust tips point directly rearward. You’ll need the extra thrust to achieve 10’s.

I don't know what you guys are doing to your VE pumps but mine pulled hard all the way to 4200 rpm. If your theory is right the truck shouldn't been done at the 1/8 mile at 88 mph at 3400 rpm but some how i pick up almost 20 mph on the second half

I don't know what you guys are doing to your VE pumps but mine pulled hard all the way to 4200 rpm. If your theory is right the truck shouldn't been done at the 1/8 mile at 88 mph at 3400 rpm but some how i pick up almost 20 mph on the second half

What cam are you running?

Truly Amazing.
This douche comes here asking for opinions and help, then tells everyone they're idiots for telling him "not likely". :bang

He has a biitch slap coming that's well-earned, even if it is only a few grenaded VEs away.

Mark.

Truly Amazing.
This douche comes here asking for opinions and help, then tells everyone they're idiots for telling him "not likely". :bang

He has a biitch slap coming that's well-earned, even if it is only a few grenaded VEs away.

Mark.

I didn't come here for opinions or help lol. And yes most of the people here are idiot's, they wanna tell me its not possible when they have never even ran a 1st gen down the 1/4 mile

Purely a guess, but if it truly was pulling hard up there, could it have anything to do with the stock injectors? I'm definitely not a pump expert, but would think they wouldn't drain the pump like big aftermarket injectors would? One other question, you said nitrous, but not how much?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Purely a guess, but if it truly was pulling hard up there, could it have anything to do with the stock injectors? I'm definitely not a pump expert, but would think they wouldn't drain the pump like big aftermarket injectors would? One other question, you said nitrous, but not how much?

Well the fuel pressure was 0 psi will the stock lift pump so i would say stock injectors can drain some fuel. The same setup ran a 13.1 @ 100 mph without the nitrous so i only pick up about 100 hp with the nitrous

Soooo the hundreds (probably thousands) of pee pump and common rail trucks running 10s or faster aren't enough competition for the VE king?
Don't forget that many make 4 digit power, run 10's(on mud/snow tires), and tow regularly. A stripped down race truck into the 10's doesn't really sound all that difficult.

Don't forget that many make 4 digit power, run 10's(on mud/snow tires), and tow regularly. A stripped down race truck into the 10's doesn't really sound all that difficult.

Then why has no one done it in a 1st gen with a VE

I didn't come here for opinions or help lol. And yes most of the people here are idiot's, they wanna tell me its not possible when they have never even ran a 1st gen down the 1/4 mile

Actually, go back and read your first post, you did ask for opinions.

Mine is....it won’t be easy, but it may be possible. If you do it with only turbos
(s), it will be impressive. If you have to spray it, then not so much.

As far as the stock cam pulling hard to 4200 goes. That would also be impressive except you’re spraying it.

Actually, go back and read your first post, you did ask for opinions.

Mine is....it won’t be easy, but it may be possible. If you do it with only turbos
(s), it will be impressive. If you have to spray it, then not so much.

As far as the stock cam pulling hard to 4200 goes. That would also be impressive except you’re spraying it.

Even without nitrous it pulled hard to 4200 rpm

I guess pulling hard is rather subjective, OP may feel it is, but someone with P-pump experience may feel it's a dog I suppose.

I truly feel sorry for your VE. Your case pressure was nothing and that would toss timing out the window if you haven’t done many internal modifications. I was loosing timing even with an AD165 set at 22 on the inlet on my “hot” 12mm. You saying it was “pulling” to 4,200 makes no since, you simply cannot fuel that high up on a “stock” VE. Yes it will spin up there but the fuel is next to nothing. You’d be better off with a taller final drive ratio and shifting at the 3,200-3,500 range.

So get to it with the 518 (I have a few builders laying around if you need and depending on location if you need one)

Couple things I might point out.
12.34/106 at 4900lbs is not 450hp according to the hp calculator here on CompD.
13.1/100 at 4900lbs is not 100 hp less than the above run.
Nitrous will only gain power when you have more fuel than the turbo(s) can clean up.
A stock injector, stock turbo, stock cam, VE “pulling hard”at 4,200 rpm is laughable. As J-Pipes said, it’s relative I guess.
You came on here asking if it’s possible to do this, and pretty much everyone has said probably not. Instead of shutting up, waiting till spring and seeing what happens, you’ve made a fool out of yourself by arguing about something you, nor anyone else, has done.
Go run a 10 and everybody will be happy for you, but no one on here will care because of the attitude you’ve displayed.
I really hope you get to run a 10, because going fast is fun.

Last edited:
Back