Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Any of you guys have an FLC here? I can’t get the free play in my clutch. Adjusted correctly just won’t come that last 1-1/2” off the floor where the free play is. Thinking a return spring has broken and fell off (haven’t driven in 2 years). I can’t find where a return spring would go nor can I remember a return spring being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

picture.php

Anyone like old cabovers? We bought this one new in 1985 and have been looking for it for 15 years. It found us a month ago and it finally came home last night. Was running and driving when it found us, and the guy ran it until it had to be hauled in.

The project begins.
Chris

picture.php

Anyone like old cabovers? We bought this one new in 1985 and have been looking for it for 15 years. It found us a month ago and it finally came home last night. Was running and driving when it found us, and the guy ran it until it had to be hauled in.

The project begins.
Chris

I really like the cabovers. We grew up on quality television.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcozed_BJWM"]BJ and The Bear Music Video (V2) - YouTube[/ame]

picture.php

The project begins.
Chris

Did you find it locally?

Did you find it locally?

Kind of. Local kid found it in Kentucky and posted it on Facebook when he got it home. He was a customer's son, so we knew him. He wanted way too much for it a couple months ago, but now that it needs a radiator, some suspension work, and new batteries, he was ready to sell it for what it's actually worth.

We knew where it went when it left us in 1995, but went there looking for it about 2008ish and that guy couldn't remember where he sold it. Funny it came 10 miles from home after 35 years!

Chris

No, not at all, I haven't had the time to travel to work on the thing to get it in pulling order.

I hadn’t seen it or any videos, but I didn’t make it to as many pulls as I’d have liked this year. Hopefully see it out next year! I assume you are storing the truck somewhere?

Speaking of not making it out, I was supposed to be at the Enderle tonight……but life happens haha!

I hadn’t seen it or any videos, but I didn’t make it to as many pulls as I’d have liked this year. Hopefully see it out next year! I assume you are storing the truck somewhere?

Speaking of not making it out, I was supposed to be at the Enderle tonight……but life happens haha!

We went, cabover Volvo from Finland won every class even the ones it wasn’t entered in. Had to hook sleds together to even slow him down.

Just no match for those European horsepowers.

I wish we had truck pulling here, but for whatever reason it didn’t catch on this far west. I also wish we had Volvos but for whatever reason they didn’t catch on here either.

There is a whole pile of red Freightliner COEs with single rear axles like that where the trailer shop used to be at I-35 and highway 51. Someone must have bought them for pennies from the oil field. No idea what's under the hood on 'em.

I put a crower style clutch in it, that was a chore in itself to get it to work, then the last go around it took out a HG and possibly a valve.

I haven’t even tore it down to look.

I passed a Euro spec cab over north of Nashville on Monday. I wasn't close enough to see what brand and it had either paint or vinyl on it. Is someone importing these trucks now? Even had wheel covers on it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I passed a Euro spec cab over north of Nashville on Monday. I wasn't close enough to see what brand and it had either paint or vinyl on it. Is someone importing these trucks now? Even had wheel covers on it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk
I guess Leiffi is finally taking up Faulkner on his offer.

Back