Truckers, lets see your rigs!

The Florida Georgia line comment cracked me up. I don't know what's worse though, what your talking about, or the forces and lifts and YouTubers.

I only say this chit because they are like vegans or cross fitters doesn’t take much poking to trigger them into a meltdown. It’s a fun source of entertainment.

Whooo 900 miles on my 1st inframe. Making money now thanks SmokinCat and snedge . 444 running smooth

Attachments

• 6DF3EB8A-7620-4606-BDD1-167E6A3ACE4F.jpg
    6DF3EB8A-7620-4606-BDD1-167E6A3ACE4F.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 0
Can’t be running in that pic because if Cody had his way it would be chugging white smoke at idle so thick my eyes would bleed here.

They can be smoke free if you only want to target normal power.

That one being step timing helps keep the smoke down

It’s running . Makes a puff on a cold start , dark puff if I’m pulling out in traffic, egt gauge hasn’t hit 900 yet- almost though. They measured the truck and put me down for 95.5k gvw for a mountain pass job. I’ll see how hot it gets then. 444 - 10% on injectors , 15% on pump , timed .005” below nominal /advanced. That was the closest I could get without changing the key or having the follower housings milled. The work season kicked off early this year and I didn’t want to miss out on any more money. Otherwise I may have pulled the cam again . Just a work truck though

Glad to see it making money! Is that a full load? How much can you haul legally?

I didn’t get on the scales that day in the pic. I’d guess that’s around 40k lbs worth. Legally on a section of road where the weight restrictions are off already I can haul 28.9 tons, truck and trailer is 38k empty. there’s still snow on the ground here in some places. That pic above is around 85% or less eyeballed by the hoe operator. I haven’t got to drive it with a full trailer yet. Not looking forward to paying more for fuel than the other guys. The state and project engineer base the weight off the length of truck and trailer combined and having a 3rd trailer axle - 63’ in my case.

The scale house person makes the paper signs so the loader hand in the pit knows how many buckets worth from the 980

Attachments

• 8C154D2D-2A4C-4489-B8C4-3F69E1DF9E24.jpg
    8C154D2D-2A4C-4489-B8C4-3F69E1DF9E24.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 0
Ok, I remember talking to you years ago about it. Would that be in the atc box on the back of the engine?

If you get a rebuild kit I got mine for 30 bucks from reliable industries they’re 100 bucks other places I have not rebuilt mine yet but I got the kit. On that video link I posted you can hear the STC come on a few seconds after I start the truck

I’ll have to play with it sometime when it rains. It just runs around the farm hauling silage and dirt. If it was a w9 I would be more motivated.

Is there a lot of hauling work in Alaska?

Last edited:
I’ll have to play with it sometime when it rains. It just runs around the farm hauling silage and dirt. If it was a w9 I would be more motivated.

Is there a lot of hauling work in Alaska?

Yes and no - if you have a side dump and belly dump then yes. I’ve been in large type construction jobs since 2004 as a laborer, then operator or carpenter depending if it’s winter or summer. Every time the economy gets funny they push a lot of stimulus money into the highways here. When they start hauling during construction season there’s usually a shortage of trucks or they’ll end up being no work at all and they’ll be a bunch of trucks parked so when it’s good it’s good. I have a shop and a place to keep a truck and I’m located pretty central in my area so I am short haul exempt from logbooks and all that hours wise and I have a place to park the truck and I can fix it. Seemed to be a good fit and give my back a break from the manual labor in the ditch or concrete. There’s a bit of oil field hot shot stuff but I don’t know much about the oil fields . I usually stick to schools, hospitals , airports or highway construction. Government work prevailing wage type stuff. Once I got my ass in a truck and a couple owner operators talked to me I took the dive . We’ll see how it turns out by the end of the season. Takes a minimum of 4 weeks to get the first check, burning at least 80 gallons a day x5 days a week. Running on credit right now.. after taxes and fuel I should be making a little more then I did doing prevailing wage jobs.

Lol yea mine only got flipped when I washed the truck then quickly put back down. Wasn’t sure if I left them up too long Florida Georgia line would spontaneously start playing non stop on my radio.

I was afraid that totor had that bad ass Euro powerhouse Paccar MX and was going to eat my lunch.

Those European engines are just utterly amazing. $14k cheaper when you order a new Pete/KW but $50k+ cheaper when you try and sell it. That math must be different when you convert it to euro ox cart credits.

Friend just bought 39 used trucks at auction, 1 Pete, 2 Freightliners and the rest are Turban Suburban Volvos. Hopes to export them to the 3rd world countries they belong in.
US trucks can only be sold to Russia, no one else wants them because they are too weak. Only problem at the monent for that is Russia. Or ukrainians might want them too but I think they have some problems too at the moment.

Any of you high hp gurus have used those 13mm injectors for Cats and Detroits ? Are they only good for pulling or 1/4 mile or can they be also used in real working trucks ?

LOL I always thought it was stress risers and extreme torque.

I will say though, I've been to the Sisu factory, and I would agree they probably could test and measure the shaft to failure. Now, the Euro failure explanation guru that spouts info on this forum, yeah, don't trust him as far as I can throw his junk parts :umno:

Chris
that can not be called a factory, it is a garage that is gobling together some parts they can get somewhere.

He’s such a DF, you know what’s cheaper than this?
bd176288ec7d128408cef4e2dfa91de7.jpg

A $200 Fuller input shaft kit.

Know what also more expensive than the new input shaft?

8a99bca1baed59223a5e66a5802e9b83.jpg

A new 3 disk clutch. Guess if it had 14 splines vs 10 neither would have happened huh Leiffi. Know what I’ve never broke? A fuller input shaft, but I’ve had lots of bearing failures.
Thats because you have never had any torque, or grip, and those clutches are just shit.

that can not be called a factory, it is a garage that is gobling together some parts they can get somewhere.

You sir, are a DUMB FUKK! Does that translate in your language at all?

Abortion must not be legal where you came from...

I've been to a pretty fair amount of manufacturing facilities, and calling AGCO Power a "garage gobling together some parts" is just plain ignorant. I have seen what their engines and parts are capable of withstanding, and it's not trash.

Do us all a favor, stick both arms up your ass, see if you can get ahold of both ears, and pull until you hear a big POP. Then go take a shower and see if you can see past your own nose.

Chris

Back