Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Truck has been lowered in the front hasn't it? You won't get an accurate reading till you get the rails setting not on an angle.

bb0f487ca5ca00613edcfc035bdb5e87.jpg

Saw this guy in ID the other day, still out earning her keep.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Air ride up front. I've had it every way you can think. No better no worse. Lol

Probably not, but any time you change the front ride height there will be a different measurement on back axle for ride height depending on if the rails were level with the ground when you set it or setting at an angle, with the nose down the front axle essentially becomes a pivot point

Driveline apart as in how?

Well got a truck In shop now with vibration. Owner replaced tires, drums chasing it and said it all started when he replaced carrier bearing. Look under the truck and he didn't get the U-joints in phase.

Did you check the sleeper? Was it a purple Volvo?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQuYKmiyHYg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQuYKmiyHYg[/ame]

Trying to decide what to do with this truck. The oil cooler is bad from what Ive been told. 3406B, 9 speed. Little over a million miles, been rebuilt. All new brakes. New clutch. Needs some tlc. I hate to sell it since it was the first truck I bought, but I could really use a truck with a small bunk. Like 36-42" range since my boy rides with me most of the winter, it would give him space to move around when we are sitting in line.

semiwithhay_zps96b05364.jpg

semi.jpg

I'm torn on what to do with it.... Easiest route would be to trade it for a sleeper truck, but I don't know if anybody would want to do that. Its that, or spend the money, fix the issues and try to find a bunk for it. Not sure if I want to go through that trouble or not.

Trying to decide what to do with this truck. The oil cooler is bad from what Ive been told. 3406B, 9 speed. Little over a million miles, been rebuilt. All new brakes. New clutch. Needs some tlc. I hate to sell it since it was the first truck I bought, but I could really use a truck with a small bunk. Like 36-42" range since my boy rides with me most of the winter, it would give him space to move around when we are sitting in line.

semi.jpg

I'm torn on what to do with it.... Easiest route would be to trade it for a sleeper truck, but I don't know if anybody would want to do that. Its that, or spend the money, fix the issues and try to find a bunk for it. Not sure if I want to go through that trouble or not.

Oil cooler is cheap and easy but your going to bleed for a good small sleeper. Big sleepers are a dime a dozen and have almost zero value. Small ones are rare and bring good money. Had to give a 70" Ultra away just to get rid of it but a guy paid $4k for a 36" flat top.

semi.jpg

Day cab trucks up here are worth a fortune over a truck with a bunk. Not sure why. Id rather have the bunk. But then again I'd rather have a bunk that I can stand in lol so maybe I'm thinking illogically.

Oil cooler is cheap and easy but your going to bleed for a good small sleeper. Big sleepers are a dime a dozen and have almost zero value. Small ones are rare and bring good money. Had to give a 70" Ultra away just to get rid of it but a guy paid $4k for a 36" flat top.

I'm only hoping its the oil cooler as that is what was suggested to me first. Chance it could be a pitted sleeve as well I guess? Just need somebody to trade me for a truck with a 36" flat topLOL

If I knew I could drop it off at a shop and have it all fixed for 3-4 grand and be road ready I would.

I'm only hoping its the oil cooler as that is what was suggested to me first. Chance it could be a pitted sleeve as well I guess? Just need somebody to trade me for a truck with a 36" flat topLOL

If I knew I could drop it off at a shop and have it all fixed for 3-4 grand and be road ready I would.
As long as it's not a brakesaver truck, then an oil cooler job should be well less than 3-4k. They're on the outside of the block under the turbo and are pretty easy to do yourself. I think the last standard one I bought was $600.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I thought it could mix either way. If it only goes that way, then it sounds like electrolysis got a sleeve. Dammit.

The one we had put a gallon of oil on the floor in 4 seconds of run time....we had no water in it, and the bottom hose going into a bucket. New oil cooler, problem solved.

If you have water in the oil, it's not the cooler.
Chris

Back