Factory Cummins Aluminum Block and Head

Bodacious

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I picked up a factory aluminum cummins block and head.Just curious if anyone knows if these are worth anything?

Looking at it, I don't think it would hold a lot of power. The head looks beautiful.

I try to get some pics up later.

Thanks,

Arch
Stalnaker Racing Services

Aluminum_1.jpg

Aluminum_2.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a factory aluminum cummins block and head.Just curious if anyone knows if these are worth anything?

Looking at it, I don't think it would hold a lot of power. The head looks beautiful.

I try to get some pics up later.

Thanks,

Arch
Stalnaker Racing Services

Heya', bonehead, For Sale ads need prices!

I sent you a PM and left you a voicemail on these "gems".

Mark.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see/read about these being used in a performance application.

im sure everything is different. Machine work, longevity, effects of heat cycles, etc.

IMO a wise man would make them show pieces or sell them to someone with too much money. :lolly:

They were on Facebook for sale a few weeks ago for a stupid high price then someone that had the details​ chimed in and the post magically disappeared.

They were on Facebook for sale a few weeks ago for a stupid high price then someone that had the details​ chimed in and the post magically disappeared.

so what were the details? is it a paper weight?

edit: i'm over here just trying to find an aluminum oil pan...

Last edited:
I like how you are trying to sell that LSM billet block, and now you have an aluminum block for sale too

He won't play games with me, I have 2 trucks here I'm holding for ransom! LOL
Yeah, it's a JOKE, sons! :D

Or is it? ;)

I think a fully-built and running aluminum 12 valve, would be an awesome centerpiece in my unfinished dining room! :cool:

Mark.

I've always wanted to build a motorcycle with a 5.9 in it. I'm not into bikes much at all, but I think it would draw some huge attention and fetch some pretty healthy $$$.

A lightweight block would be very beneficial, and polishing it up would be a bonus. I have a 13mm Sigma that would definitely add some wow factor to the project.

After further inspection, the head does not have the ductile iron inserts. I don't know if this is good or bad. lol

Sorry, scale reads 138.9 on the block pic and the hanging chain weighs 1.6lbs so deduct this weight as well.

factory_aluminum_cummins_head_2.jpg

factory_aluminum_cummins_head.jpg

factory_cummins_aluminum_1.jpg

factory_cummins_aluminum_head.jpg

Last edited:
How does a fella go about distinguishing the difference? The head not having the ductile iron inserts may have something to say here????

From the original for sale post on fb. These were an experimental design by Cummins that never made it to production. Only a few were built.

Or were these even offered as production units? They might have been a prototype for a customer, and never reached end use. IE prove they could produce a block and head on current equipment.

Or were these even offered as production units? They might have been a prototype for a customer, and never reached end use. IE prove they could produce a block and head on current equipment.

It was originally designed by Cummins for marine applications. They had issues with the main caps coming loose and the valve seats falling out.

Back