Quadzilla Adrenaline!!!

lotero

I BREAK STUFF
thats right the quadzilla adrenaline is now residing in my rig, i didnt want to part with my drag comp but this box is HOT! i am just beta testing it now and am loving every minute. it was my first full day with this beast and man does it RUN! i loved it, i had the original aggressive tune for the first part of the day, uploaded the aggressive new and still had surging so i just uploaded mild new and will check that out tomorrow. EGTs compared to the drag comp do get a little toastier, but thats expected with the extra fuel, i can now hit 50 psi (monitor is still off but i let quad know about that this morning) and i still love the bottom end, this thing really is right on the money. i have my mechanical gauges still setup to make sure everything is good to go and accurate. so far on setting 6 egts are 1675 at 115 mph, 50 psi, and still pulling! the low end on this box is very smarty-like. before when starting a burnout the drag comp would bog and have a hard time getting past 10psi, but now the tires just go up in smoke and boost skyrockets as my beloved goerends tranny slams through gears. i think this is going to be THE BOX for us poor VP drivers. the usb updates are quick and easy to do and there are already alot of options to go with. all in all i love the box and will be drag racing it this weekend back to back with the comp to see if the seat-o-pants meter is accurate. after that i will get some dyno time in under the same circumstances. thanks quadzilla!!! :st: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

I loved it when I was alpha testing it but I had a surging issue that we just could not get rid of on my truck. I do miss this box though. It was brutal all the way around.

Sweet, I will be looking for a new box once the trans gets done. Hopefully it is out by then:rockwoot: :Cheer:

yea im working with all their tunes now to fix the surging issue and still keep the aggressiveness. the response is very smary like but the surging is still there, its getting less and less with every tune though

We did a couple. Even took the fueling down to 30% and backed the timing down and we got it to the point that you couldn't really feel it but you could hear it out of the stacks.

Hopefully mine comes in this week. Just from the limited number of people that have one, it sounds like I'll be selling my Drag Comp...and maybe Smarty. It sounds like one box will do it all.

BgBlDodge said:
We did a couple. Even took the fueling down to 30% and backed the timing down and we got it to the point that you couldn't really feel it but you could hear it out of the stacks.

hmmm interesting, well i guess we will keep trying...

i have a feeling there are going to be alot of comps, smartys and TSTs on the market here soon. i am going to do the back to back testing and then sell mine off.

Sweet! I've been keeping up with the thread over on one of the other boards and it seems like this box is the ticket besides the surging of course.

What would cause the surging issue?

i cant even get the xztplus to quit surging/bucking........as tyler said on his,we have backed it down to nothing,and it still does it.....quads low end on these boxes is absolutely great,but he has got to get these problems pinned down.it seems to be the autos only doing this........bama

The box is great other than that bloody surging issue. It seems to be a big injector thing. My buddy's 6spd with mach 6.5's does it as well.

there was talk of another guy with springs fueling to 3700.
i have killed a couple of cars and one truck with this box, nothing special but it sure seems faster than my drag comp. we will find out how much on sunday when i get to the drags.

well i almost finished my beta testing while on lunch today. i went to the parts store to pick up some stuff and ended up talking for about 15 minutes to a guy who really knew his stuff, i was expecting the typical "does it have banks?!":bang question but this guy actually was pretty damn knowledgeable. so as i was leaving i opened her up and ended up all over the road! tranny hit second and :ft: hold on! got pretty squirrely but ended up just being a reminder of how responsive this box is!

he he its for informative purposes only! :hehe: but to put it in perspective, the power is not a night/day difference its just more, and broader. what is best about this box is all the options.

ok boys, for those of you who know me know that i am a power/cant leave anything alone JUNKIE so i decide to do some more testing. i just downloaded the SOFT NEW TT 1250 file, and decide to go for a ride now rather than spending a whole day with a box that "defuels" because with my luck that corvette that i have been wanting to beat will show up. all i can say is i am the most impressed as i have been with this box since i installed it!!!! i love the power but the defueling feature was freakin amazing!!!! i put it on 6 nailed it and it pulled like a freight train and got to 1350 and immediately went down to 1270 but felt like it kept pulling!!!! i did this a few times and found that the defueling feature was just plain awesome, it would keep the egts very close to 1250 and still pull! i rarely if ever tow and like i said i am a power junkie so defueling to me is the enemy, but now i know when i do tow i can do it safely and without worry and not feel like i am being castrated every time it hits that certain point, i couldnt believe how well it worked. big big thumbs up to quad on this one. this is THE ULTIMATE TOWING SETTING. anyway i get home, hit my previously installed turbo timer that is set at a minute and it does its thing, i hear it click off at a minute and the truck stayed running until the egts hit exactly 300 and shut off. nice on that one too. ill say it for a nineteenth time, a racer/non-tower/egt disregarder loved that defueling feature, and i cant wait to see just how well it works with a trailer hooked up.

notes: surging was just about removed, there was only a slight surge right at the end of each gear with steady throttle applied.
the defueling was felt but it was very smooth and controlled, not rough at all. kind of like a slight kickdown that was hardly noticeable.

Back