"no BS" 2.5 max HP

In 2014 82-84mm compressor wheels were common, if the rules remain the same in 2015 92mm compressor wheels will be common, that is a 10mm increase in one year. Along with this you will see the frame size increase to a GT55 or Hx80/HC5A, so to answer your question; No, the damage will continue, and it will divide the class into guys that are willing to pay, and those that aren't.

This is the writing on the wall that the common guy competing may not know about, but people should be aware of what they will be up against if things don't change.

were there not a few 2.6 trucks with gt55's on them this year? also has anybody ran and willing to admit running the comp turbo gt42 based 2.5 charger??

I agree, the dedicated trucks would probably run bigger housing. But keeping it with the true 2.5 smooth more would really make it easier to drive, as I would just WG on the top end. But like I said. I am the exception not the rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will never end

There has to be a entry level class or it will die like all the other classes have! There is always someone willing to spend more money and just like the 2.6 and up classes they will die off. Then Someone will want a 2.3 class because they wanted balls to the wall class and now they don't like it.o

were there not a few 2.6 trucks with gt55's on them this year? also has anybody ran and willing to admit running the comp turbo gt42 based 2.5 charger??

Yes Hart's went to a 92mm GT55 for 2.6", and there have been turbos run in 2.5" much larger than a GT42.

There has to be a entry level class or it will die like all the other classes have! There is always someone willing to spend more money and just like the 2.6 and up classes they will die off. Then Someone will want a 2.3 class because they wanted balls to the wall class and now they don't like it.o

Your right Jeff. You and I have seen happen back in the gasser days. Funny how history repeats it's self.

Yep!

I guess others just can't see it or don't care and are only worried about "me now". It always catches up with them in the long run. Its hard to grow a sport with narrow self minded people. There is no way the "entry level" class should be anywhere near 900 to 1000 hp!

So what do you guys think of rules such as fpp where that dont allow bushings and do you think its still not gonna stop 1000hp 2.5 trucks? I just want pur rules either way to match what most big events like ts so I dont have to have 2 different turbos to run with other people

Also some of these guys are complaining about running the built turbos on the street, why cant you run one on the street? With our rules meeting Saturday you all got me thinking how we can keep our 2.5 class somewhat entry level bit we also have work stock/2.3 class as entry

So what do you guys think of rules such as fpp where that dont allow bushings and do you think its still not gonna stop 1000hp 2.5 trucks? I just want pur rules either way to match what most big events like ts so I dont have to have 2 different turbos to run with other people

This is exactly what Jeff is talking about a few posts earlier. Don't think about "I" and think about what is best for your organization and all of the competitors. And also where the class and organization needs to go in the long run, like a 5-10 year plan.

I haven't seen anyone post wording on how the rule should be written to prevent big turbos other then the way full pull has wrote the rule with no bushings but if cotpa doesnt change theres I dont think our organization will chamge our rules

Yes Hart's went to a 92mm GT55 for 2.6", and there have been turbos run in 2.5" much larger than a GT42.

no doubt about that. im referencing the 400 frame limit. with the 42/45 center section appearing physically smaller in size then the 400 allowing it as a viable option/choice. I would rather run a gt base charger for turbine choices unless there are more readily available custom borg turbines the common person is unaware of. although my area's 2.5 rules were made by people who practice *bdh* for a living and make the rest of us :doh:

Saying s400 frame limit is poor wording and why the classes are where they are at now. S400 hx60 gt55 are all mid-frame turbos.

I haven't seen anyone post wording on how the rule should be written to prevent big turbos other then the way full pull has wrote the rule.

2.6" smoothbore, cannot be easier to tech, and an S465 compressor will pass the bore size where it often won't pass 2.5" rules.

no doubt about that. im referencing the 400 frame limit. with the 42/45 center section appearing physically smaller in size then the 400 allowing it as a viable option/choice.

You can turn down the center on an 88/96mm center section to the same OD as a GT42, so I don't see the point. The only place I see a frame limit being a viable option is Workstock.

I'm was thinking for 2.5 COTPC for 2015 just trying to catch up with them boys, last years chargers were going for $2550. and stainless has a new one out now for $3449.

Back