"no BS" 2.5 max HP

The rules should read in all 2.5 classes nation wide that it must be 2.5 before and after the MWE groove!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The only solution that has ever worked is smoothbore, period. I have seen people cheat in box turbo classes as well as with sealed turbos. It is simple to both modify a turbocharger to be smoothbore, and also to tech.

The only solution that has ever worked is smoothbore, period. I have seen people cheat in box turbo classes as well as with sealed turbos. It is simple to both modify a turbocharger to be smoothbore, and also to tech.

Basically getting rid of the MWE groove all together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, as long as there is a groove, it will be taken advantage of. What is now considered as an MWE groove is preposterous, they no longer serve this purpose, nor are they remotely close to the original design.

Last edited:
Basically getting rid of the MWE groove all together?

Yes.

I am in full agreement with Weston.

How do you tech "True bore" and "box stock"? You can taper cut a wheel and cover to fit and appear to be "true bore". The only way to get rid of all the people taking advantage of the grey area rules on the turbo is to go smoothbore.

Is there any chance to save the 2.5 class? I would be all about a class like that

2.5" change to 2.6" smoothbore, 2.6" change to 3.0" smoothbore, and 3.0" change to 3.6" smoothbore, it couldn't be any simpler. Turbos would be cheaper, tech would be far easier and more consistent, and the power would not drastically change.

Last edited:
Is there any chance to save the 2.5 class? I would be all about a class like that

Everybody wants an entry level class, however as soon as you put a smooth bore turbo in there, they complain about the cost. Good luck with rules to make folks happy. LOL

Realistically make the rules for the pullers, not the people who say if the rules were different they would pull...

Everybody wants an entry level class, however as soon as you put a smooth bore turbo in there, they complain about the cost. Good luck with rules to make folks happy.

That is the problem with Workstock, it is nearly impossible to write a rule that curbs cheating while allowing a great variety of competitors. The only "plausible" option is to add a frame size limit, but that will get taken advantage of also.

Everybody wants an entry level class, however as soon as you put a smooth bore turbo in there, they complain about the cost. Good luck with rules to make folks happy. LOL

Realistically make the rules for the pullers, not the people who say if the rules were different they would pull...

I guess I would be one of those guys. I just want an org I can pull with consistently and not spend millions and still be reliable. Basically all season limited breakage and low money invested. Yet have the strength of a s400

This thread got retarded real quick. Weston hit the nail on the head. Thats the only way it can be done. Nothing will change tho and to be honest I like the power we make in cotpc 2.5. Other than the turbo theirs not really any more sensible ways to limit the class and no need too. Weather smooth bore or not the motors and fuel side will be built to the same dam expense. So in reality all you are just complaining about the additional $1500 you would have in a charger. If that $1500 breaks you to the point you cannot finish your build then I promise you cannot afford to pull any type of circuit or sanctioning body with more than a few pulls. Aside from injectors and turbo my engine is nothing different than your average 6-700hp street truck. With that said if you are starting a new class make it smooth bore, problems solved. We pull a bunch here in Ohio and the rules cater to us dedicated to make the 30 hooks a year. No reasons to mwe te rules in ay sanctioning body fit a few who want to occasionally hook with the org. Remember truck pulling orgs is a business now, not just for fun. Thats what brush pulls are for. Without us dedicated pullers the orgs go under. Without the occasional hooker they still run. Thats just the wa the game is now.

Last edited:
I guess I would be one of those guys. I just want an org I can pull with consistently and not spend millions and still be reliable. Basically all season limited breakage and low money invested. Yet have the strength of a s400

If you are pulling just to have fun, and don't want to spend a bunch of money, just go buy a box stock turbo and get used to getting beat. There will always be someone who puts a ton of money into a sport to win.

This thread got retarded real quick. Weston hit the nail on the head. Thats the only way it can be done. Nothing will change tho and to be honest I like the power we make in cotpc 2.5. Other than the turbo theirs not really any more sensible ways to limit the class and no need too. Weather true bore it not the motors and fuel side will be built to the same dam expense. So in reality all you are just complaining about the additional $1500 you would have in a charger. If that $1500 breaks you to the point you cannot finish your build then I promise you cannot afford to pull any type of circuit or sanctioning body with more than a few pulls. Aside from injectors and turbo my engine is nothing different than your average 6-700hp street truck. With that said if you are starting a new class make it smooth bore, problems solved.

LOL, you nailed it. I find it funny that guys are building their truck and takes them 3 years to build it as they save up money and can't afford to do it faster, then find out that their build has a set of cast pistons, stock rods, and a 12mm pump. It is one thing for a $4000 pump failure to put you out for the season, but when you have $5000 into your build and it takes you a few years to save up the $5000. Then you better just not play the game. One bad bounce and you could be out $5000. LOL

Once the truck is done, on average you might as well budget $5K-$10K a year to just keep it a top competitor.

Last edited:
Real solutions would be real simple, but I am convinced that none of these threads will have any impact on what actually happens. As most things involving politics, the end decision will be made by a select few that may or may not have the puller's best interests in mind.

Real solutions would be real simple, but I am convinced that none of these threads will have any impact on what actually happens. As most things involving politics, the end decision will be made by a select few that may or may not have the puller's best interests in mind.

I think they could be simple, however they won't be cheap. LOL, they might be cheaper...

Lets discuss claimer classes. :)

If it made a difference I would drive out to the PPL meeting but it won't (as Weston stated above). I sat in an Outlaws meeting last year where everyone in the room voted one way, but the promoter didn't like it so the rules got set his way.

If it made a difference I would drive out to the PPL meeting but it won't (as Weston stated above). I sat in an Outlaws meeting last year where everyone in the room voted one way, but the promoter didn't like it so the rules got set his way.

Wow really? Glad our club actually has meetings for a reason and the pullers and only members can vote. What's voted in by the club is what goes.

Back