Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

are there any pics of how some of you guys welded angle iron to the back of the reciver tube for extra strentgh??? I'm kinda limited to room for brancing on the back of my truck with my big bronco tank in the way

ok thanks zstroken I pmed you yesterday asking for some.. some of the first pics a few years ago in this thread arent loading anymore

2013-03-24_16-26-20_747_zps75b7e45a.jpg

2013-03-24_16-26-35_142_zps1ba97172.jpg

Here are some pics I snapped today since my old links are dead.

Anyone got pictures of there draw bar hitchs and also has anyone noticed a difference in how the truck hook verus a stock reese style hitch?

If your chassis is set up good a reese style hitch will work as good as a draw bar hitch and weigh less. Here are some pic's of a reese style hitch we build.
photo-1-1.jpg

photo.jpg

wow that looks good!! what are the 3rd links on the bottom for??

Adjusting the height.

My setup looks like GetBlown's. I do have 2 small pieces of angle that go from the center of the hitch, at an angle forward to the hitch.

Adjusting the height.

My setup looks like GetBlown's. I do have 2 small pieces of angle that go from the center of the hitch, at an angle forward to the hitch.

Thats where I got my ideas from...

I have those braces too, with square tube. Forgive the crappy rusty welds, its held and never cracked, but they sure are ugly.

2013-03-24_16-27-08_515_zps209cb1cd.jpg

2013-03-24_16-25-54_646_zps9e3b8574.jpg

To guys that mount their sled stops to the hitch, in an event that the sled does in fact hit their stops it will peel the hitch down rather easily and the sled will indeed hit the back of your truck. Ask me how I know:(

Lookin good 1208, looks real close to my setup. I want to convert mine to have the stinger like yours. Well done man.

Lookin good 1208, looks real close to my setup. I want to convert mine to have the stinger like yours. Well done man.

Thanks Rubber Duck, frames fully boxed with 1/8" steel from under cab back, crossmembers are 3"x1/4" tube and the hitch is 2"x1/4" square tube. I felt that was minimum I could go with keeping weight in mind.

Back