WEBERBUILT shady buyer.

Macktruckdriver

Ok going to share the info I have take it for what it's worth.

I listed for sale a 66mm s300 I was about to pull of someone's truck to install compounds and WEBERBUILT contacted me wanting to buy it and see pictures. I sent him the only one I had of it on the truck. He said he wanted it once it was off. A few days later I had it off and noticed part of one of the ears for the drain bolts was broke off. I sent him a picture asking if he was still interested and he had to think about it and asked if the guy would take less and we agreed on a lower price. He sent the money I shipped the turbo and was delivered 8-30-16

On 9-11-16 a PayPal dispute was made that turbine was not as described. No phone call no txt just started a dispute. He has my number that's how we comunicated the sale. He claims the oil feed hole is striped out and the fitting is loose. Here are the messages back and forth. Keep in mind this is a 3rd gen setup that's a s300.

Screenshot_20160928-063244_zpsio4uq85k.png

What I gather is he tried using the factory o-ring fitting instead of a 1/4" npt fitting striped it and is trying to make me pay for it. Pictures were never sent and the dispute was escilated to a claim. I contacted PayPal with what I figured was going on but of course me talking to them about fittings is like a foreign language to anyone there. They requested more info from him. PayPal decided to refund his money and have him send the turbo back as of 9-17-16. He was required to provide tracking by 9-27-16. He was contacted twice to provide tracking and never did. As of today they reversed the dispute in my favor and case is closed.

So for me I'm good now but has $600 in limbo for 16 days because of this buyer.

I will guarantee he tried to put a factory fitting in the 1/4" hole as stated. You can get the first thread started with a factory fitting but it is immediately tight and difficult to turn. Easy way to strip it out.

I've had dealings, but can't remember any issues. The dispute instead of calling/texting says to me he wasn't wanting to work it out.

Not taking sides but dishonest people freakin' suck. I guess the only way to cover yourself is to video tape every inch of every item before it ships and have it notorized with a blood sample. Then PayPal's stupid asses can still screw you on the money when some hack lies about stuff. Brilliant society we live in. I'm ready for the other side of the story.

I've dealt with him several time as a seller. No issues. Then again, I rarely sell used stuff.

Not taking sides but dishonest people freakin' suck. I guess the only way to cover yourself is to video tape every inch of every item before it ships and have it notorized with a blood sample. Then PayPal's stupid asses can still screw you on the money when some hack lies about stuff. Brilliant society we live in. I'm ready for the other side of the story.
Oh don't worry I sell enough stuff I do that with most everything. That's how I dealt with the idiot last year about saying I sent a different pump than I said it was, then PayPal made him send it back and he didn't even send the same pump back.

Last edited:
I read the attachment above, along with your comments and it seems like he jumped the gun, or maybe planned on making the dispute ahead of time.

I've been on both sides of the issues and dishonest people suck all around, but the ones who just don't communicate dig their own hole.

You think this is bad (it's actually cut and dried simple), try doing disputes on Ebay as a seller.
Talk about the odds being stacked in the buyer's favor.

Mark.

I read the attachment above, along with your comments and it seems like he jumped the gun, or maybe planned on making the dispute ahead of time.

I've been on both sides of the issues and dishonest people suck all around, but the ones who just don't communicate dig their own hole.

You think this is bad (it's actually cut and dried simple), try doing disputes on Ebay as a seller.
Talk about the odds being stacked in the buyer's favor.

Mark.
Very true. eBay can be brutal.

Ok now this guy has me dumb founded. He must have tried hard to scam me but failed miserably at it and cost himself more money in the process.

This is the turbo sent to him.
FB_IMG_1471893614533_zps4t3swtmr.jpg

This is what I found on my porch Saturday morning..... Any guesses what he was trying to do...

IMG_20161002_101736101_zpsvc3s8j0t.jpg

IMG_20161002_101718867_zpseivlnd4w.jpg

Look what's inside.

IMG_20161002_101746892_zpsxsbwm1sv.jpg

IMG_20161002_101913995_zps8vkjtnpt.jpg

IMG_20161002_101916393_zpsq60sr8dd.jpg

IMG_20161002_101930496_zps4saflsbp.jpg

They are not even close to the same turbo.
That appears to be an HX35 or HX40 in the box?
Or a WH1C?

Mark.

Wow. People amaze me. Sorry this is happening to you. Hopefully someone at PayPal with above par IQ sees the pictures and rewards you your money back.

It's a wasted wh1c. I already got my money back the 28th when he never responded to PayPal's multiple requests for him to provide tracking by the 27th.

I'm not seeing the point of even shipping you back a junk turbo. :confused:
I think a plan backfired.

Mark.

I'm not seeing the point of even shipping you back a junk turbo. :confused:
I think a plan backfired.

Mark.

If he provided PayPal with the tracking for the junk turbo they don't ask questions and would have instantly refunded his money. I would have had to file a police report to reverse it.

Back