6.7 to a 2nd gen

Like installing a 6.7 CR, 6.7 VP, or a 6.7 ppumped engine in a 2nd gen? I believe all combinations have been done.

have a thread to the build? been curious how the older 5.9 heads (12 and 24v) and timing covers mate to the 6.7 block. cheers, justin.

I didn't do a thread. However the front cover was redoweled, and then drilled steam holes int he 24 head. Had to tap some plugs for the oil feeds to the pump. It was probably 8 years ago. I have forgotten alot!

One of my buddies put a 6.7 cr in a 96 rclb 4x4. I've been wanting to do this myself.
He said it was insane how easy it was, bolted right in, had to get a 06 ecm, wiring harness ( which he shipped somewhere and the custom made it for his needs) don't know the place off hand but could find out if you'd like, and put his 47re with mvb behind it. He's got twin cp3s, 200% overs, and a billet s480 and the truck absolutely rips, and all his tunes are on a digital display and can change his tunes on the fly.

Attachments

• IMG_5505.jpg
    IMG_5505.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5565.JPG
    IMG_5565.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 0
One of my buddies put a 6.7 cr in a 96 rclb 4x4. I've been wanting to do this myself.
He said it was insane how easy it was, bolted right in, had to get a 06 ecm, wiring harness ( which he shipped somewhere and the custom made it for his needs) don't know the place off hand but could find out if you'd like, and put his 47re with mvb behind it. He's got twin cp3s, 200% overs, and a billet s480 and the truck absolutely rips, and all his tunes are on a digital display and can change his tunes on the fly.

So it looks like he kept the belt driven power pump on the 6.7 to power the brakes/steering. Also needed a 48re style adapter plate and 2nd gen 24v engine mounts. Some people state the cr engine mounts work others say no.

There are 2 driver's side'03-'07 Commonrail 5.9 mounts, 1 for 2wd and one for 4wd.
They each match revised locations of the frame mounts.

Probably why there is mixed success and confusion.

Mark.

There are 2 driver's side'03-'07 Commonrail 5.9 mounts, 1 for 2wd and one for 4wd.
They each match revised locations of the frame mounts.

Probably why there is mixed success and confusion.

Mark.

I just used mounts off of a 01. No issues with fitment.

Thanks for the info, the wiring thing is the biggest concern. The truck that is in the plan, 2001 Dodge swb Sport 1500. If you have or could get the company that made the wiring harness, that would be awesome and appreciated.

Thanks for the info, the wiring thing is the biggest concern. The truck that is in the plan, 2001 Dodge swb Sport 1500. If you have or could get the company that made the wiring harness, that would be awesome and appreciated.

There's multiple business that will built a harness from scratch. Breakout tuning (Jared vollmer), and Oz tuner (Brayden fleece) to name a couple.

Back