Hotpipe isnt aligning after steed speed manifold install.

bsmith

Never enough
Source automotive twin kit, s300 to s400 hot pipe. Steed speed t4 angled manifold.

Anyone have this setup or install one?

I can't get the hotpipe to line up for anything. With t3 spacer, without t3 spacer.

I'm about to pull the hotpipe off and grind as much as I can off the top of the t6 flange. But I'm not postive this will help.

Any advice is appreicated.

How thick is the t3-t4 adapter? I think source designs their kit to use a 1/2" spacer between the manifold and secondary turbo. If your spacer isn't the same thickness, or doesn't locate the turbo in the exact same spot it might not fit right.

The sweetest way to fix it would be to get a T4 turbine housing and then build a new hotpipe :st:

I have thicker and thinner t3 spacers if you need one.
Thanks ron I appreicate the offer, I might take you up on it. I want to try adding a spacer to the bottom turbo mount to try to kick it out some away from the manifold.

I can in a bit. I put it back together and drove it last night.

Its the t6 flange hitting inbetween 6 and 5 on the manifold.

are you saying the bottom charger needs rotated down more to clear shock tower? because you can always rotate it outwards some.. its hard to know what your situation is without pictures

Is the steed angle the same as your old manifold (Not eyeball angle either)? Where exactly does the source bracket mount? Never used a source mount always made my own.

Is the steed angle the same as your old manifold (Not eyeball angle either)? Where exactly does the source bracket mount? Never used a source mount always made my own.
I'm not sure of the angle, its for stock location turbo. The source mount to 2 motor mount bolt holes.

Did you try hitting it with a hammer yet? I bet this lady could help
82180463.jpg

Last edited:
Yes she could, a lot!!

Actually I did beat on it with a hammer and grind on top of the t6 flange. Its better but still not there yet.

Yes she could, a lot!!

Actually I did beat on it with a hammer and grind on top of the t6 flange. Its better but still not there yet.

So most likely the steed has a lesser angle than your last manifold if its pushing the hotpipe towards the block. I still say if its that close cut your weld at the t6 and reweld it. Can't take more than 30 mins. Beats the hell out of banging and grinding your flange.

Back