Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Kenwoth is just good for buisness. I have more yellow powered kw's come thru here than anything. Engine wise it doesnt matter. But working around 8 bag is miserable. I also find it highly iriritaing the layout under the cab to work on tramsmissions. Maybe not all,but a dump truck with the exhaust under the cab sux ballz to work on. I had over 6 hours pullin the 8ll out of this gem today. Same job in a 379 for example is less than half that. Doesn't help the local kw dealer gets their help from the leftover napa rejects when it comes to gettin parts.

Exactly why my exhaust runs under the trans. I have 3 KW complaints, the exhaust under the cab, brackets on top of brackets attached to brackets on the transmission and the Chillicothee meth heads at the factory need to stop cutting wire ties at a razor sharp 45* angle. Stick your arm in a hole and pull out a bloody stump.

It’s like finding a unicorn to get a good parts guy. Friend called yesterday for a Cummins turbo elbow WITH THE PART NUMBER and the guy had to call back. Took 2 hrs to call back and the guy was an azz. News said there were stray bullets from “target practice” hit the local Junkliner dealer here. Hit a few trucks in the lot. $100 says it was customers tired of calling and being left on hold forever.

Driving a KW is like money in the bank! Especially if its green under the hood.

Damn right it is. Never seen an axle housing rust out on a Detroit powered truck. The constant oil film is a protectant.

Last edited:
Exactly why my exhaust runs under the trans. I have 3 KW complaints, the exhaust under the cab, brackets on top of brackets attached to brackets on the transmission and the Chillicothee meth heads at the factory need to stop cutting wire ties at a razor sharp 45* angle. Stick your arm in a hole and pull out a bloody stump.

It’s like finding a unicorn to get a good parts guy. Friend called yesterday for a Cummins turbo elbow WITH THE PART NUMBER and the guy had to call back. Took 2 hrs to call back and the guy was an azz. News said there were stray bullets from “target practice” hit the local Junkliner dealer here. Hit a few trucks in the lot. $100 says it was customers tired of calling and being left on hold forever.

Damn right it is. Never seen an axle housing rust out on a Detroit powered truck. The constant oil film is a protectant.
I forwarded the issues to a friend that works down there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

His reply,.

"should never be sharp if the operator used the tool that he is suppose to and not sidecuts lol that's a big safety issue. We get wrote up if we use sidecuts on zipties"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If the guys at the kw plant are anything like the people at the peterbilt factory. Its almost like talkin to a dealer "tech"....

When did you buy a real truck? Imagine a world where you don’t have to jack up your cab to work on your truck. It took us a while to wake up but we finally came around. Lol

Much easier to work on when cab is not in way. Those rare instances they need to be worked on, mostly we just drive them.

Next week a typical short european trip, only 4700 km one way. Just perfect for hoodless short wheelbase single axle truck. For longer trips I might need those great US trucks.

Next week a typical short european trip, only 4700 km one way. Just perfect for hoodless short wheelbase single axle truck. For longer trips I might need those great US trucks.
You sound like a US trucker from the 70’s. Then he got in a truck longer than his car with a hood and never looked back. Like I said, one day your country will come around.

Much easier to work on when cab is not in way. Those rare instances they need to be worked on, mostly we just drive them.

Correct, that’s why we put the motor out front away from the cab where it belongs.

Wouldn't be terrible without the dumb visor, pretty clean looking. He's definitely proud of the China chrome good ornament, he talked more about that than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ehh, sometimes.

I guess having a removable cowl counts.

The trucks that count, which excludes anything Freightliner or IH currently make or the newer glued together Paccar cabs. Raise the hood of a Classic XL and new engineers heads would pop off. You could hold a dance party between the block and cab.

You sound like a US trucker from the 70’s. Then he got in a truck longer than his car with a hood and never looked back. Like I said, one day your country will come around.

Correct, that’s why we put the motor out front away from the cab where it belongs.
We had to make tilt cab to hooded truck for easier service for example those crappy Fuller gearboxes.

No, we well never have hoods again, must haul some freight. Aussies are using cabovers also because their trucks are also made to haul some freight. Like the rest of the world, like Brazil who moved away from hoods only a couple of years ago.

Wouldn't be terrible without the dumb visor, pretty clean looking. He's definitely proud of the China chrome good ornament, he talked more about that than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would love to take a hammer to those and the idiot that drills a hood to install one. The swan is worse, walk by a truck with one when the hood is open and wack your arm on it. In the same category as the pointed nut covers.

The trucks that count, which excludes anything Freightliner or IH currently make or the newer glued together Paccar cabs. Raise the hood of a Classic XL and new engineers heads would pop off. You could hold a dance party between the block and cab.

You’re not wrong on any of that.
I grew up with those things, didn’t look at another truck for a good 7-8years, and now it’s “how much crap can we fit in this poorly constructed bag?”.
Unfortunately, the people around me won’t shell out enough to get anything but old international Walmart trucks and the RARE cascadia. All isx or dd15s.

These new drivers’ head explode as well, when you get them in a classic. Waaa, turning radius, waaa.

Great kw design. U need to add the retarded crossmember under the trans that you have to be a contortionist to do a clutch adjustment around. Or this fine mess.

Attachments

• 20180222_184651.jpg
    20180222_184651.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 0
Or gems like this. P-clamps bolted to brackets bolted to a blind hole in the bellhousing, blocking an actual bolt that needs to be removed to get the housing out. 3 bolts just to access 1. Wtf

Attachments

• 20180222_184659.jpg
    20180222_184659.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 0
Or gems like this. P-clamps bolted to brackets bolted to a blind hole in the bellhousing, blocking an actual bolt that needs to be removed to get the housing out. 3 bolts just to access 1. Wtf

Lol that’s all easy compared to the rear gear euro engines. Change the air compressor on a DD13/15 in a Cascadia or an EGR cooler/Valve on a Maxxforce and you’ll beg for a KW clutch.

Back