ProStreet F-100

I was planning on using a standard master shutoff clunker switch. I have a few in a pile somewhere.

Forgot to mention I added this vertical dash bar a while ago as well as a couple smaller bars to the funny car cage. I was cutting it pretty close with a dummy helmet fitting through in a spot.

FBD388A1-1B2A-4B55-A6DE-82B610533D41_zpsofdajsan.jpg

Any suggestions on mounting polycarbonate in the side windows? I was thinking maybe just welding a piece of angle iron on the inside lip. The window could slide up where the existing one was and be fastened by a handful of nutserts.

CD350926-752E-4BBE-BF2B-98A67D2107C6_zpsj9eiedbb.jpg

Last edited:
I intended on making the little round tube brace that follows the window contour and running the little mounting tabs off of it like all the cars do.

Mocking up the overweight hydroboost and starting templates for the firewall.

7D20DA87-2E0A-45C4-8918-5586C6DCC5BE_zpsdh8xj6pj.jpg

I've found a body guy that is going to stop by to help make heads or tails of what we're working with.

Another bed on adjustment checking clearances of the rear skid. The high pressure pump has 1/16" clearance from the bed x member. Honestly I forgot to account for that. A guy gets lucky every now and again.

6BE062BD-63A2-4268-96B0-7DA10AA81EFE_zpsv3ja7fvo.jpg

Glad to see some updates. Looking mean as hell!

This thing is amazing. Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks for the confidence booster guys. Got some good job related news today, so I might be able to spend some money on the truck again finally.

Not much difference than earlier, but working on the driver's side template as well. It is going to be a two piece (upper/lower) because the steering column in the way. Debating on building the upper piece using some heavy 1/8" or something so I have a more solid structure for the booster and pedal work. Otherwise I may use the 18ga and build some tube bracing.

10500AFB-3F1D-44E1-A3DF-D4067DF873F1_zpskb9xbwux.jpg

...look'n good!!! I would do the 18 or even 16 gauge and run a couple of 1/2" tubes to triangulate.

I love the view from the rear. Faaaaaatttttt

First panel turned out fairly decent considering it was hand cut on the plasma with shakey hands. Followed by a sketchy bead roll operation with my wife on the handle while I guided the panel with a speed square.

BC2E7CE9-7D04-4F0F-97B3-99939C7A56EF_zps9suapbxh.jpg

Last edited:
Back