Getting on the dyno tomorrow-Any help?

You've had your tuck modded for over 100,000 miles right? You seen high egts over 1250* just about everyday right? Maybe the motor is just tired now.

Truck has been modded for over 130k miles now. High egt's were only ran for a year and even then once i saw egt's hit 1500-1600* I backed off and those didn't happen every day. Only sustained those for two passes down the 1/4 mile and those happened beginning of last year sometime. It wouldn't surprise me if the motor was tired but I know people who have gotten their motor just as hot for more miles than mine and more times than mine that are doing just fine. It would be my luck that I get a weak motor. I'm gonna run a compression check and see what I find.

I don't think it's an EGT issue. When I had a chance to peek at my cylinders and pistons; they were in amazingly good shape, and I've seen some high EGTs with my truck.

I still think it has to be a fuel issue, with EGT that low you're not fueling hard enough. Usually with good fueling your water temps will climb to 200* as well. Shoot I bet even with a set of BD twins a truck would see around 1500* with a similar fueling setup as you have...

With the 11 holes and 62/12 I would peg 1600* with the TST on 2. Swapped the 62/12 out for the one in my sig and egt's dropped 150* or so with the TST on 2. Put in these new injectors (which are 150-200hp rated) and egt's are now only 1350* with the TST on 5 or 7. Smoke is non existent with this setup once the turbo is spooled.

Yeah. According to the HP calculators, my MPH says I'm around 450hp at the wheels yet my ET says I'm around 400hp. I didn't do a boosted launch when I ran the 1/4 last time.

Back