Getting on the dyno tomorrow-Any help?

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Any help? I'm trying to get back up over 400hp and aiming for close to 500hp if possible. My combo is in my sig and I'm dynoing on I believe it's either a dynocom or dynojet. Either way I'll be in OD. I'll probably run the smarty on 5 and the tst on 5 or 7. What do yall think?

Oh oh! Add some nitro-methane to your tank and you will be sure to make 500hp! Haha

Seriously I would try a run back to back the same settings on the TST and Smarty, one in OD and one in D. Just to see if there is a difference and go with the better choice.

I always take the floor mat out when I dyno. It lets the pedal go that much farther and nets me about 12hp.

I always take the floor mat out when I dyno. It lets the pedal go that much farther and nets me about 12hp.

There's some interesing news. I'll try that.

Smarty 5, tst 7? That's usually what I dyno. I know anything over that with the TST has actually lost me power on the dyno.

No nitro methane in my tank. I'll leave that to big blue 24. I'm just gonna run straight #2.

Hopefully this new combo will get me back up over 400 and close if not over 500hp.

Where are you going to go dyno at BTW? There is a dyno at Gullo Ford and Mercury in Conroe if that would be closer, I need to go back once my truck moves again lol.

Please tell us if the floor mat removal works...HAHAHA. Very interesting, great concept.

Phil, I'll blow the motor before I lose to your truck. LOL

Muddin Dude06, the dyno is in burleson tomorrow evening from 5pm till whenever we are finished and then there's a big ODRA sled pull event in alvarado on saturday. And what is this about a dyno in conroe?

PDW, I'll pull the floor mat, take off my shoes, and do a dance if it'll get me back over 400hp. LOL

I know it sounds crazy, but we did back to back runs while just changing the mat. Results as followed....

No mat-- I think the truck felt naked, kinda like it was streaking, you know just running along all happy like and not really consentrating on making power.
So I usually run that one on the street.

Stock mat - what can you say " It's stock "

Dealer paper mat -- seem to run good , power fell off fast, kinda like the how fast new car smell wore off

and those big Husky liner mats-- Ohh Man , those guys are loosin some power!

Just so you know BB, if you break 500 if will have to be backed at least once verified by at least 3 or 4 CompD memebers in attendance and maybe signed by a notoray public, because we know it cant break 500. LOL

Turn off the A/C, or did you already learn that lesson :hehe:

If the air filter is dirty at all, remove it...I've seen 5 or 6 hp from removing an air filter.

That is if your looking for every last HP!
Chris

Make sure your tires are at max pressure. I don't see you being real happy with 499.4 if you find out that your tires were way low.

Back