Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

:lolly:
in the rule: Factory or commercially distributed aftermarket Reese type hitch. Must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Hitch must be no less than 46” from center line of rear axle to the back of the inside of hook point. Height from ground must not exceed 26”. Minimum 3 ½-inch diameter for sled hook.
+Hook point must be past rear of truck bed.

Hitch \Hitch\, n.

1. A catch; anything that holds, as a hook; an impediment; an obstacle; an entanglement.

2. The act of catching, as on a hook, etc.

Straight from the Reese site:

A Towing System may include the following items:

Hitch: The mechanism that is typically mounted to the rear of a vehicle under the bumper.

Ball Mount: The item that is inserted into the Hitch for towing.

Hitch Ball: The item that is fastened to the Ball Mount, which the trailer connects too.

Hitch Accessory: Accessories that fit the Hitch or secure the Ball Mount to the Hitch.

My opinion, from here on out...If the truck has reese hitch, meaning the receiver (bolts under the truck) and the clevis/mount attaches to the hitch in some form of fashion without any other attachments to the truck, it is legal. Hard to explaing, but the clevis/mount should only attach to the truck with a single pin or bolt.

i just sheared the single pin going through my (reese style) hitch on friday and got disqualified for this, it was in marysville, oh. so now should I put a new pin in and go again or do I add a couple draw bars to the actual clevis and worry about that disqualifying me

i just sheared the single pin going through my (reese style) hitch on friday and got disqualified for this, it was in marysville, oh. so now should I put a new pin in and go again or do I add a couple draw bars to the actual clevis and worry about that disqualifying me

You must of had something wrong with either the pin, hole, or the receiver itself.

There is no way a 1 ton truck can double shear a 5/8" pin without there being other causes.

Find why the pin sheared, fix, and put in a new pin.

Here's mine. Its on the Teryx at the moment... :D

61e2e830.jpg

947b5176.jpg

You must of had something wrong with either the pin, hole, or the receiver itself.

There is no way a 1 ton truck can double shear a 5/8" pin without there being other causes.

Find why the pin sheared, fix, and put in a new pin.

Agree, the shear on that pin is pretty high and then to double shear it something else is wrong.

Here is a Dodge receiver that I just finished up. This will come out of the roll pan hole behind the license plate when that gets installed.

Attachments

• CD1.jpg
    CD1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 0
  • CD2.jpg
    CD2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CD3.jpg
    CD3.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 0

I have a horizontal (factory location) bolt and a vertical bolt (in the center of the "T" on the reese hitch) for just that reason.$.02

it very well could be, they didnt exactly tech real hard yesterday at the test and tune lol any how, i think ill open it up a little more to be on the safe side!

Threw this adjustable hitch together the night before the pull this weekend. Just used what I had layin around and finished it at 2 in the morning. Cut a 4" ID loop with the plasma out of 1" plate and made the vertical piece out of 1" plate. Welded er up hot with a few 9018 passes and put 2 grade 8 1/2" bolts in there. Not perfect but it works and It survived two hooks so far...
pulls061.jpg

pulls063.jpg

pulls071.jpg

pulls072.jpg

Back