Single smaller s400 or s300/Ht4c compound

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
Got a 94 play truck with a built up transmission , 4ks, lower stall. Not opposed to sending the converter back to dpc for a freshening up/re stall.

I have a Ht4c on a semi engine that just ate the cam . New semi engine has a 3b. was thinking 464-467.7 as a single or a 63/68 with the 4c or a 480 later.

Had a 351, 64/73, k31 71/79.9 in the past on another truck which also saw changes in fueling , gears , converter stall. Last time I had a fun 12v or vehicle that was fun was 2018.

Would the Ht4c be worth using ? Has the 28cm exhaust housing and seems to be in good shape.

I also have a rebuilt Hc5a I was planning on compounding with the 4c on my semi before it ate the cam.

savage fab has been playing around with s300 frames. He's got a 68/69/9cm housing and a 69/71/9cm housing that might be interesting? I think the 69/71 made 1100rwhp on a common rail.

Last edited:
Ht4c would work well with a 63 I believe. Seems like the 28cm backside was the one most wanted.

I’ve read just about every thread from every forum on running the 467-468 on a 12v. Still planning on going that route myself.

I like my 467.7, but being a half ton conversion, with a fmvb and manual lockup and overdrive control, my ability to get on the charger driving around is a little different. Given the choice, I'd probably have compounds, but I didn't want to deal with the drain issue.

That k31 was an experiment my buddies did. With stock stall it would start building boost at 2100-2300 and be on all the way before 3000 and making 55-60 psi. I could bury the tach in 1st and 2nd pretty easy. Zero boost cruising around town though. My wife could handle the truck just fine. I’m trying to decide if I want to re stall and get a t4 manifold and go s400 and simpler piping or enjoy an s300 for a little bit while collecting parts for compounds. was looking at some dyno vids last night of the 62/68/.70 and they are pretty impressive. The 66/73/.80 looked like it would fit bill but would probably be dog off the line with my current stall . Wouldn’t try to compound with a 66 as the manifold charger.

Really I just want a mid 11 capable setup if I go with a single or 11 or 10s if I go through the work to build compounds. I live at sea level in ak. Put the truck on the scale and it’s 6000 lbs even without me in it. My last s300 was a ii silver 64 and I fueled that with 5x16s and 7mm dv.

Ht4c would work well with a 63 I believe. Seems like the 28cm backside was the one most wanted.

I’ve read just about every thread from every forum on running the 467-468 on a 12v. Still planning on going that route myself.

Yeah one perk of my 444 Cummins taking a crap. Has that turbo on it. Would be nice if I could size the right manifold charger for it and not run an external gate if I don’t have to.

I like my 467.7, but being a half ton conversion, with a fmvb and manual lockup and overdrive control, my ability to get on the charger driving around is a little different. Given the choice, I'd probably have compounds, but I didn't want to deal with the drain issue.

Yeah I felt the same in the past and kind of still do. I’m sure I can fab the piping up but don’t mind the downsides of running around town with a larger single . The later torque curve was kind of fun. Been driving stock vehicles since 2018 now so anything would probably feel quick . Truck just has 4ks and the basic pump mods and feels quick so I’m sure with some injectors and turbo it would put a smile on my face for awhile. I have a new hx40 Dp in the the box waiting.

Sold off some of my semi trailers and might have to go back to work as an employee . Might as well spice up the daily

Yeah I felt the same in the past and kind of still do. I’m sure I can fab the piping up but don’t mind the downsides of running around town with a larger single . The later torque curve was kind of fun. Been driving stock vehicles since 2018 now so anything would probably feel quick . Truck just has 4ks and the basic pump mods and feels quick so I’m sure with some injectors and turbo it would put a smile on my face for awhile. I have a new hx40 Dp in the the box waiting.

Sold off some of my semi trailers and might have to go back to work as an employee . Might as well spice up the daily
Realistically gonna need 800hp to run mid 11's and I don't see the 467 getting there comfortably.

Last edited:
Should be 650whp at 6k pounds if I’m remembering the calculator correct.

Mathews8pt ran some mid 11’s with a 467 on a p pump 24v extended cab.

Should be 650whp at 6k pounds if I’m remembering the calculator correct.

Mathews8pt ran some mid 11’s with a 467 on a p pump 24v extended cab.
I always add 200lbs for correction factor. CompD calc says 670 for an 11.50 Wallace Racing says 800. I feel like the CompD calculator is low.

62/68/.?
63/68
64/68

Would the 68 be better than the 73 if I compound later correct ?

Tempted to just get a 66/73/.80 and some 5x18s . I have 2-3 weeks to think about it while I’m out of state.

The order I’ve owned turbos in past was , wh1c , rebuilt 351 with drilled gate , 64/73/14 , 71/76/.9 t4 k31 . Hard to buy a smaller s300 after moving up from a 64.

You’re probably right. Wallace is flywheel for sure but seems like a big split still between the two.

Our tracks don’t go that far around here so I’m always struggling to figure out 1/8 mile ha. 7’s mostly equate to 11’s. That I do know.

Schmitty, I just caught the daily part. Not sure what that’s like in Alaska, but you can always build it fun and manageable on the street then hit it with a little toot of nitrous.

62/68/.?
63/68
64/68

Would the 68 be better than the 73 if I compound later correct ?

Tempted to just get a 66/73/.80 and some 5x18s . I have 2-3 weeks to think about it while I’m out of state.

The order I’ve owned turbos in past was , wh1c , rebuilt 351 with drilled gate , 64/73/14 , 71/76/.9 t4 k31 . Hard to buy a smaller s300 after moving up from a 64.
Do the 66/73 and get a gated manifold and spray the piss out of it.

You’re probably right. Wallace is flywheel for sure but seems like a big split still between the two.

Our tracks don’t go that far around here so I’m always struggling to figure out 1/8 mile ha. 7’s mostly equate to 11’s. That I do know.

Schmitty, I just caught the daily part. Not sure what that’s like in Alaska, but you can always build it fun and manageable on the street then hit it with a little toot of nitrous.

AK you can pretty much do whatever vehicle wise but there’s been plenty of idiots running a bad tune up and smoking people out . Other than that no inspections. A shop did get busted when the epa started cracking down. They were openly advertising all the stuff that gets you caught. My shop is across the rd from the beach , 5 miles of straight pavement , 10 miles out of town. Nitrous is hard to come by. Thought about taking a delivery job for the industrial gas supplier though lol… one of my cousins is a dentist maybe I could get some from him haha

I’ve put up with some borderline vehicles in the past as far as what’s acceptable to most people as a “daily”

My last truck I was about to put a 72/87/1.0 on I had bought. Had 5x18s, 7mm , 180 pump, diy n20 setup, fass 240, steed t4. Twisted my billet input off with the k31 before I swapped the 16s for 18s before I got a chance to put the even bigger setup on. Then the truck sat for a few years and sold the whole pile to fund my business venture. I know it’s been awhile when the 06 mega with 35s and just a smarty s06 feels fast.

If you keep fuel small enough, the 63/68 with the ht4c. Is the 63 you're looking at internally gated? I'm just worried about drive with that little guy if it's not gated.

Last edited:
Gated. Was thinking 5x18s. I have a 160 pump on the truck now but I might have a 215 pump lined up . Been in my storage room for 4 years, guy owes me money on an engine rebuild

Last edited:
Back