Swapping a 12v into 96 ford f350> its a fummins!

BLT4SIN

Well Ijust picked up my donor truck> its a 94 dually 12v auto 2wd. ill be swapping this into my 96 f350 single cab long bed 4x4. so far i have ditched the auto and gotten a getrag 360 and plan on using a divorced ford np205 t case. anyone have wiring help? im good at wiring and dont want spend big money on aftermarket harness because well tuck has autometer gauges and well a 12v aint hard to wire:lolly:.....

" i don't want to spend big money on a aftermarket harness because well the tuck has auto meter gauges and well a 12valve ain't hard to wire". Are you one of them goat ****ers? What the hell was the point of this post again?

wiring is simple i basically have your same setup. except for the getrag, what was the f350 before gas or diesel?

nice..... truely supportive members on here i guess... the truck is a beater. it was an f250 w 460 gasser and an auto. first i put a king pin dana 60 under it and then swapped the auto to a zf 5 speed my 12 v donor truck was an auto but i swapped that out for getrag 5 speed... my point in this post was to ask the simple question of wiring the fuel shut off solenoid? ITS A beater a trailer queen no ac heat radio nothing all the gauges are aftermarket and simple to wire my only issue so far is the fuel shut off solenoid.

The maturity of some members is astounding." anyone have wiring help? im good at wiring and dont want spend big money on aftermarket harness " That was the original point.... Now i dont know if you simple mother fu#$%rs cant read or what but i would assume to the average helpful member on this site it would be a simple question to answer..... thank you 12 v fummins for your maturity..

I know the answer to your question, and if you're so good at wiring you should too.

If you present yourself as an idiot, we have no choice but to assume you're an idiot. That leads us to treat you like an idiot, and idiots aren't welcome here. This is graduate school.

nice..... truely supportive members on here i guess... the truck is a beater. it was an f250 w 460 gasser and an auto. first i put a king pin dana 60 under it and then swapped the auto to a zf 5 speed my 12 v donor truck was an auto but i swapped that out for getrag 5 speed... my point in this post was to ask the simple question of wiring the fuel shut off solenoid? ITS A beater a trailer queen no ac heat radio nothing all the gauges are aftermarket and simple to wire my only issue so far is the fuel shut off solenoid.

the black one is ground and the red one is constant power and the white one since it's in a ford went to my silenoid on the passenger fender the small stud from what I remember

My question for the users who are more helpfull then users who prefer treat people as idiots... is that there are 3 wires out of the shut off solenoid and i know power ground and hold...so the hold wire is only 5 volts? im swapping this into a ford and am trying to make the original key work w the solenoid.. any advice?

this is graduate school? this is a site of diesel enthusiasts. not all of us are pros or techs.. i myself am not a tech just a fan and hobbyist... excuse me for asking a question may seem so simple to you..
i joined this site after realizing that cummins forum is does not have the insightful info and or the talented members this site does.. i am more knowledgeable then the average chiped 6.0 owner but am not a professional tech! i dont believe any question is stupid maybe only to the ones who are so cocky they cant handle the reality of new fans in the diesel world.... so my apologies in wording my question incorrectly.

So its ok to power the hold side of the solenoid with 12volts? if thats the case thats simple thabk you very much 12v fummins...does your tach work?

My question for the users who are more helpfull then users who prefer treat people as idiots... is that there are 3 wires out of the shut off solenoid and i know power ground and hold...so the hold wire is only 5 volts? im swapping this into a ford and am trying to make the original key work w the solenoid.. any advice?

I'm gonna have to retrace my wiring I don't wanna say something wrong. but I believe it tied into the ingnition wire

So its ok to power the hold side of the solenoid with 12volts? if thats the case thats simple thabk you very much 12v fummins...does your tach work?

i had my tach working and then it quit on me one day, came to the conclusion the wire on the sensor pulled out, one of these days ill get to it go other things than that to worry bout, but i grabbed the wire from my 351w from the distributor sensor, it was a tan(ish) color for me, i used a v10 cam sensor and used the cummins cps bracket with a little modifying to make it work, i believe you need a tach ring though from either destroked or fordcummins

Back