Swapping a 12v into 96 ford f350> its a fummins!

Thank you for asking this question, you solved two problems that I was about to come upon. Sorry about the aholes, they just sit here and treat everyone like crap that isn't one of their internet clique. It's just like high school, but these are people that are jerking off to how upset they can get other people. Keep up the questions, there are a few good people still left on here

Thank you for asking this question, you solved two problems that I was about to come upon. Sorry about the aholes, they just sit here and treat everyone like crap that isn't one of their internet clique. It's just like high school, but these are people that are jerking off to how upset they can get other people. Keep up the questions, there are a few good people still left on here

You, my friend, need to stop getting all butthurt over the little things.

You, my friend, need to stop getting all butthurt over the little things.

would you people stop with the butt hurt calling, its terribly stupid and childish. I promise I'm not upset dad, but just like the op got in this post, a couple of the same guys attack the people that venture on here to get advice. That's all my comment was about, that and I was happy that someone actually ANSWERED his question because it answered one I had too.

My build is similar to this, I ran the zf5 speed though and it was a gas application. Held up to 450-500hp so far.... Pulled the sled, drag raced, and just ran the piss out of it. Just my two cents

its a beater total toy obviously the itch for power can not be contained so it will be modded but to be honest 400-450 is all it will really see. if you dont mind me asking tho whats the weak link in getrag? thing is we do wheel the truck extremely hard. its on 42s dana 80 rear 60 front lockers and 4 link front w a 3 link rear. custom flatbed the works.. that being said i dont think the power will be an issue as much as the gear jamming hill climbs and abrupt jolts of rocks will be the breaking issues....
and fummins97 thx for the understanding hope your swap goes as swimmingly as mine has thus far.... its been a fun project and well the classic mid 90s ford body w a 12v is hard for anyone to deny ................ so to all the helpful users i truly appreciate the help .. im sure i will have a few more "stupid questions" but thanks guys..

Definitly can't get butt hurt on here. Everytime I put anything on here the first page and a half is the guys just messing with you.. but if you don't act like a dick those are usually the guys who give you the best advice!!! They just want a straight up question with out having to read a book or break a secret illiterate code.. they just want to make you work for your answer!!!

its a beater total toy obviously the itch for power can not be contained so it will be modded but to be honest 400-450 is all it will really see. if you dont mind me asking tho whats the weak link in getrag? thing is we do wheel the truck extremely hard. its on 42s dana 80 rear 60 front lockers and 4 link front w a 3 link rear. custom flatbed the works.. that being said i dont think the power will be an issue as much as the gear jamming hill climbs and abrupt jolts of rocks will be the breaking issues....
and fummins97 thx for the understanding hope your swap goes as swimmingly as mine has thus far.... its been a fun project and well the classic mid 90s ford body w a 12v is hard for anyone to deny ................ so to all the helpful users i truly appreciate the help .. im sure i will have a few more "stupid questions" but thanks guys..

ive heard guys having problems with them, im guessing it wasnt holding power for them and eventually they went for the nv4500, a step up from the getrag, but no question is a stupid question someone will give ya an answer

Definitly can't get butt hurt on here. Everytime I put anything on here the first page and a half is the guys just messing with you.. but if you don't act like a dick those are usually the guys who give you the best advice!!! They just want a straight up question with out having to read a book or break a secret illiterate code.. they just want to make you work for your answer!!!

EXACTLY!!

You're starting to fit in well! :D

Ive been looking to swap mine into a ford chassis, but I really want an 05 superduty. Problem is the crazy stuff I gotta do to get it inspected each year. Long story.
Hows the older fords for handling and body rust? The dodge stuff is crap Im fed up of replacing it.

Ive been looking to swap mine into a ford chassis, but I really want an 05 superduty. Problem is the crazy stuff I gotta do to get it inspected each year. Long story.
Hows the older fords for handling and body rust? The dodge stuff is crap Im fed up of replacing it.

Don't know what your inspections say, but some states say you can't put in a motor that is older then your vehicle. The obs trucks can handle good, but probably not going to match an 05 SD with coil suspension. There are a few mods you can look up for the obs, Cary at ctperformance is an expert on anything obs. Depending on where you live, rust affects all trucks. I have friends with newer SD that already have wheel well rust from all the damn salt they dump on our roads.

I like the way obs's handle. You just need to work the kinks out of them. Rust wise, I bought mine rusted out basically but the cab and frame were in good shape besides a door. I just bought new fenders and I got a rust free bed on trade and so now all I need is a door and it'll be rust free. Gonna throw some paint on it and it will be a clean truck. What I'm trying to say is parts are easy to get for them haha

Back