Ts 2010....

The rules will be similar to the 09 rules with some changes. I dont want to say anything because nothing is set in stone as of yet though.

OK gang.. The date for TS 2010 has been set for May 7th & 8th ( Friday & Saturday) It will be a two day event for both drag racing & pulling. Leaving Sunday as a travel home day. Dennis has met with the sled pull track owner in Franklin, KY and that is where the pull will be taking place. We've definately outgrown the facility where the pull has taken place in the past. The drag race will be held at Beech Bend. (1/4 mile track). As far as security we are hiring uniformed officers that can arrest on the spot at both facilities. So we are taking every precaution to ensure we dont have a repeat of 2009.

More info will be posted as it becomes available. But the dates are solid.

Sheila

I'm sure Timbeaux will open up a TS Outlaw section under events sometime soon.

Amen, now it sounds like I'll be back!

Jim

If Schied used the "Must Be FOUR Wheel Drive" rule that will eliminate me ,as it did last year. I would rather that not happen again.

Lynn

send them the vids of your truck hangin the front wheels...that should change some minds!

otherwise man, id start a petition. heck, start it on here and print it out...i want to see your truck in person. what your doing for 2wds can add that much to our sport!

let lynn pull!

Dennis, how about some chrome TS bling chains for sale?:poke:

send them the vids of your truck hangin the front wheels...that should change some minds!

otherwise man, id start a petition. heck, start it on here and print it out...i want to see your truck in person. what your doing for 2wds can add that much to our sport!

let lynn pull!

I second that!!!

OK gang.. The date for TS 2010 has been set for May 7th & 8th ( Friday & Saturday) It will be a two day event for both drag racing & pulling. Leaving Sunday as a travel home day. Dennis has met with the sled pull track owner in Franklin, KY and that is where the pull will be taking place. We've definately outgrown the facility where the pull has taken place in the past. The drag race will be held at Beech Bend. (1/4 mile track). As far as security we are hiring uniformed officers that can arrest on the spot at both facilities. So we are taking every precaution to ensure we dont have a repeat of 2009.

More info will be posted as it becomes available. But the dates are solid.

Sheila

I'm sure Timbeaux will open up a TS Outlaw section under events sometime soon.

Sweet, that'll be my birthday weekend again! :D Awesome news on the uniformed security too. :rockwoot:

Cool have fun folks. I doubt I'll be wasting my money and 4 days of my time to go to a big party. As Bobby said, I can go to a field party filled with rednecks here in Md.

Allen Co Fairgrounds? Dennis are you sure that will be big enough? I've pulled @ some place in Franklin and it was a real short track and only concrete bleachers on one side? Maybe I'm not thinking of the same place.

Reguardless I'll be there! Its only 45 mins from home for me! Hope I can get a 6spd in my puller by then so I can be competitive.

It's good to see something is being done about the azzhats that give true diesel competitors a bad name, BUT those azzhats aren't the reason I left TS09 with a bad taste in my mouth.

Something has to be done about the sled pulling logisitcs. Having organized events like this in the past, I understand Mother Nature and the detriment that it can have on an event, but the tech process was ungodly slow. Not only does an idling sled make for a poor show, but it causes pissed off competitors and more opportunities for bored fans to cause trouble.

And instead of being just another whiner, I'll offer suggestions:
1.) Do a once-over safety inspection in line, then do full tech on the top 10
2.) With the larger facility, section off a "tech only" area with 4-5 pit lanes
3.) Start the tech hours in advance, not when the first truck lines up

Whatever you do, don't be plugging turbos on a Duramax (or any other truck for that matter) when he's next in line to pull!!

Truth of the matter is any time you require this level of inspection on classes of 90+ competitors, you either need to start hours in advance or you're going to have a sled waiting at the starting line.

Just my $.02

Dennis, I applaud your ambition to continue the TS event, however, I’m sure competitors and spectators are on the same page when I ask... Will the other issues that plagued the sled pull be addressed? Excessive time in teching, running order, lack of facilities, lack of concessions, seating… the list was quite long. Addressing all issues can only assure a positive outcome for 2010. I suggest you review the numerous complaints about TS 2009, not just the one that hurt your pocket book the deepest.

Dennis, I applaud your ambition to continue the TS event, however, I’m sure competitors and spectators are on the same page when I ask... Will the other issues that plagued the sled pull be addressed? Excessive time in teching, running order, lack of facilities, lack of concessions, seating… the list was quite long. Addressing all issues can only assure a positive outcome for 2010. I suggest you review the numerous complaints about TS 2009, not just the one that hurt your pocket book the deepest.

I believe that is the Idea behind the venue switch. As it stands now, the venue in Franklin has the space available to hold the crowd. Seating, etc. will have to be rented, some barriers will need to be brought in, and other things will have to be lined out, but it is far more user-friendly than the SOKY fairgrounds.

Back