Who says you can't tow with a 6x.018 injector? lol

My 12 valve truck with Marine 4 x .013's and a gallon of waste tranny fluid mixed in the tank hazes a touch more than that when my truck first starts up on a 32-40* morning. When the truck is warm, zero haze.

I guess what I am saying is that haze does not look bad at all for the size of the injector.

My 12 valve truck with Marine 4 x .013's and a gallon of waste tranny fluid mixed in the tank hazes a touch more than that when my truck first starts up on a 32-40* morning. When the truck is warm, zero haze.

I guess what I am saying is that haze does not look bad at all for the size of the injector.

Tyler just likes to be hard on me. ---- him!LOL

This is not a 5 hole standard injector having 62 degrees spray angle.
The one you uses must have 71,5 or 73 degrees because there are no 62 degree Nozzles with 6 holes.
The 2003 trucks had 72 degrees 2004/5 use 62 degrees.
Is your truck 2004-2007 or a 2003 year.
Its interesting me because I am also planing to use a different nozzle with 7 holes Qhyd 700 equal to 40% more flow than standard in my 2004/5 truck.
My concern is the different spray angle, not to melt down the pistons of my truck.

I think you are confusing the later CR nozzles/angles with the earlier mechanical 24v nozzles as are being discussed here. There are a few options as far as the cone angle on the mechanical sac type nozzle, also varying dependent to the manufacturer, 148° - 155° - 160°. The 7-hole nozzle you are describing would appear to be the QSB Marine micro-blind nozzle, if so it uses the 143° cone angle, and they have been used successfully in both 5.9L CR engines.

No I am meaning only CR nozzles, reason is I used and sold Injectors from a very reputable company with good results on performance but got some issues.
We examined a set of those special built injectors.
Conclusion was shocking, on one injector only 4 holes of 5 were machined.

I will add some pictures hoping they show up

The upper hole is round shaped aka left original only the other 4 EDM eroded
f:/DM6.jpg

Sprayangel up to 2,5degrees off
[IMG]f:/sl3w.jpg

Not one hole was what you would call round.
due the different holes it is a miracle the piston was not molten.
In the future I try using unmodified Bosch parts like the Cummins Pegasus (Qhyd 1000) with sprayangle 72,5° -->100% more volume 6 sprayholes
What I believe is that some of the molten pistons are coming from bad machined nozzles.
I will try it first with the original 2004-7 pistons knowing to have the wrong sprayangle but having an excellent spraypattern and plenty of volume.
We must test first if a sac type nozzle works on a standard injector who uses the micro-blind nozzles. But if it is possible there is a great range of nozzles we can use.

No I am meaning only CR nozzles, reason is I used and sold Injectors from a very reputable company with good results on performance but got some issues.
We examined a set of those special built injectors.
Conclusion was shocking, on one injector only 4 holes of 5 were machined.

I will add some pictures hoping they show up

The upper hole is round shaped aka left original only the other 4 EDM eroded
f:/DM6.jpg

Sprayangel up to 2,5degrees off
[IMG]f:/sl3w.jpg

Not one hole was what you would call round.
due the different holes it is a miracle the piston was not molten.
In the future I try using unmodified Bosch parts like the Cummins Pegasus (Qhyd 1000) with sprayangle 72,5° -->100% more volume 6 sprayholes
What I believe is that some of the molten pistons are coming from bad machined nozzles.
I will try it first with the original 2004-7 pistons knowing to have the wrong sprayangle but having an excellent spraypattern and plenty of volume.
We must test first if a sac type nozzle works on a standard injector who uses the micro-blind nozzles. But if it is possible there is a great range of nozzles we can use.

I think you might want to start your own thread. This one is about injectors for 98.5-02 24-valves.

$.02

I personally would listen to anything smokem has to say about injectors if he says it thats the way it goes lol...

Back