North Texas Dyno Day Bully Dog/ODRA Sat. June 13th

Buck's latest carnage on the dyno...

100_5773.jpg

OUCH:bang That won't be too cheap.:kick:

02/04/2004

Wow!! thats all I can say...I worked all morning collecting data and pics from our volunteers and spent way to much time putting the information together so the we could post the information as quickly as possible and once again...

We will now take the volunteers, including myself, out and beat them into submission because the date on the camera was incorrect...exhausting.

Micah
:bang

Same here. Had a great time and met a few more folks. Also learned an important lesson when trying to dyno in the heat....keep your N2O solenoids from getting too hot or they will not work when you need them.:bang

There is no break in period for a transmission. I worked at a tranny shop for 3 years. The only thing that should be done when you install a transmission (even if it was run on a tranny dyno) is take it out for a test drive with a pressure gauge, make sure it shifts through all of the gears, check that the tq converter locks up, and make sure the pressures are good. If all those things check out good, recheck the fluid level and let her rip.... there is nothing in a transmission that needs to break in, like in a fresh motor(rings, cam shaft)

Not to argue but that's not what I was told and that's not what my experience has shown. The clutches need to wear in on the new drums. Every aftermarket tranny I've been around has loosened up and smoothed out after 500-1000 miles. And I'm not talking that the person driving it just got used to it, I'm talking noticeable difference. Just my experience and .02.

I'm glad the dyno was good. I wish I could have made it but oh well. The girlfriend was much happier that I stayed home. ;)

I think the heat was hurting everyone. My numbers were alot lower than they should have been and lower than my last dyno. John ran my truck 4 times trying to get more power, but the hotter it got the less it made. Each run when down about 8hp.

I thought about videoing his truck but then thought about it again and decided it was safer behind the door of my truck.. I wish I got a video of you, the more he acclerated the further you got away from his truck.

Ya I got pretty far and still got hit in the head with rubber. You should have seen my fat ass jump when we tried loading it on the trailer and the other tire blew out

Back